US$75
Ruby Inn(Bridgeport)
US$160
Redwood Motel(Bridgeport)
US$129
West Walker Motel(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$99
Toiyabe Motel(Coleville)
US$78
US$115
US$80
US$199
  • Free Internet
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
US$309
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbed was very comfortableflat screen tvlarge roomgreat ratea long road tripgas stationwalker lakeacross the streetfurnitureamenitiestownmicrowavemotelinternetkeyfirmcleanliness
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Motel remembering better times ...
Not the newest, worn furniture, especially fragment in front of the bathroom looked sad. With small refrigerator,microvawe and coffeemaker on the counter plus an old stool. Coffee was hand packed in small plastic bags. Clever packaging to save money on original pouches...with compromising taste and flavor..
Price was $61 per room.
As a Summer season travelers, we've learned that every year room rates grow and the quality decreases .
However this year we slept in worse rooms for bigger price...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Read the reviews, and most seemed positive, so booked a room for one night. Would have been better if I slept in the car. Here are the problems:
1. Room temperature--was set at 54 when we got there, and it was in the 20's outside. the heat comes from a combo heat/ac unit in the cinder block wall. After about 2 hours, the room was sort of warm, but the bathroom never warmed up. And, it roared away all night long, even set at 67.
2. The place is pet friendly, which we found out when we found a pile of dog poop in our room. The owner said "oh, I told the girls to check the room".
3. We had a smoking room, and every piece of furniture and bedding had cigarette burns.
4. You know how bathroom safety bars are attached to the wall? Not here. They are attached to pieces of 2 x 4 that are nailed to the walls.
5. I didn't dare look inside the microwave.
6. The bath gel dispenser in the shower? Empty.
7. The bar of soap? About the size of a mini Hershey bar.
8. Table lamp--plugged into a power strip somehow attached to the cinder block wall. As was the ethernet plug.
9. The pillows were about as soft and round as a basketball.
I don't think there is any place in Hawthorne, NV that I would stay in again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Didn't know what this motel was going to be like couldn't really tell much. But we were so pleasantly surprised . The handicapped room while very reasonable , was just perfect. I don't have to have this kind of room but it really helps. Why was it so good? Plenty of room to maneuver walker, safe walk in shower, comfort level toilets beds at normal level, one or more of those features has been missing every place else we have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Needed a room overnight traveling to spend Thanksgiving with family. Even thought an older motel room was clean and large. Sufficient for a 12 hour stay. Location was good in this small town and close to getting back on the highway next day.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We were traveling from Oregon to Texas and stopped in Hawthorne, Nevada. I should have spent a little bit more. Bed was terrible. Room pretty old. My wife was not happy. She was a little upset I didn't spend more for a better place. I should have as I got very little sleep.

Room Tip: I feel bad for the owners but just don't bother. Or see if it's improved.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple