“After 2 1/2 years in Korea - At HOBAK I was there again!!!”
Review of Hobak Korean BBQ

Hobak Korean BBQ
Ranked #337 of 5,036 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Okay - the ONLY negative is that HOBAK Korean BBQ does NOT accept reservations -
of course that is also one of the BEST things - first come/first serve, AND WORTH IT!
We arrived at 5:30 p.m. an had a 20 minute wait - But Wait - they offer delicious FREE 'slushy' type drinks while you are waiting - We have never seen this before and it is GREAT!!! As expected in a quality (real) Korean restaurant the supply and quality of the 'banchan' (free side dishes to compliment your dinner) are myriad - about a dozen and everything that you could want and DELICIOUS and they refill them too!!! We had the HOBAK Beef Combo (large - $89.99) that they say serves 3 to 4 people - WTH, There were 5 of us and were are all BIG people and BIG eaters and we were totally stuffed - TOTALLY! This combo included my favorite KALBI (aka Galbi) which is marinated beef short-ribs that were as good as the best I had in Korea and I had a LOT of Kalbi while I was there! The combo also includesAngus brisket and Angus ribeye. But wait, there's more and that's not all folks = the most wonderful Rice pop ice cream is included - you will not believe how great this stuff is!!!!!!!!!! The service was excellent = HOMEY and very, very friendly. WONDERFUL!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I'm not a fan of BBQ buffet so this place is perfect. It was nearly packed when we came, and people kept coming to be seated in the restaurant. Your server will work with other servers to serve you, cut the meats, and cook your food. We ordered the package for two people and it easily feeds three. Just take your time eating the food and you'll be fine. The price is quite reasonable. I definitely recommend this for anyone.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Oh my my my, I've eaten Korean food all over the U.S. and this is "da best" Korean food everf. I come from Hawaii and there are some good Korean places, but hands down, this is the best food ever. I think I would come back to Vegas only to eat this food. The quantity they give of the kim chee and other veggies is off the charts. The cooking and variety of meats is off the charts too. I've never seen so much food, and eaten everything too. The waitress was awesome and the amount of food for the three of us was just right. We didn't waste any food, maybe just three pieces of meat, but you go away from this place fully satisfied. I even like the way they put toothbrushes and toothpaste and mouth wash in their bathrooms. Wow, now I call that service!!!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I am not an easy critic. But after eating here, I don't think I ever want to eat Korean food anywhere else. What an amazing feast.
We did the beef combo for two for $54. The exquisite ribeye steak they served would itself cost almost that much at a good steakhouse. Add to that the marinated skirt steak, the brisket, the endless supply of fresh appetizers (freely refilled), the hot and cold soups, the amazing green tea ice cream sandwich, along with the most friendly and efficient service possible, and you have a total winner!!! Go here, spend a couple of hours, and rejoice in an exquisite meal.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

This is high end KBBQ in a faux low end Seoul BBQ styling. Not AYCE. The beef are all mostly aged prime angus beef, and that means their short rib kalbi is absolutely amazing. Their brisket is also one of the best I've ever had, and goes great on their sushi rice with a bit of wasabi. The beef combo also had an aged prime angus ribeye which was buttery and flavorful as well. With combos you also get their special dessert which are rice crackers (almost like rice puffs) sandwich filled with peanut power, red bean (I believe), and ice cream.

This place just opened about 3 months ago, and is located in a business park on Spring Mountain past Decatur, so it's a bit of a drive from the strip, but definitely worth it. Two person combos are about $55-60 and is very reasonable for the amount of food and quality of meat they give.

At this style of KBBQ the meat is all grilled for you at your table, and there were plenty of servers to be attentive to your grill at all times.

As mentioned, the decor is a faux Seoul BBQ joint style with a meat shop decor for their kitchen. Their aging counter proudly displays all their beef and is gorgeous. The owner I believe does the meat slicing and is very proud of his craft.

Best KBBQ in Las Vegas at least, and would be top tier as well in LA.