See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Nice cheap place to stay in Vegas. Out of strip area but not that far away. Common area and kitchen gets closed even by 10 pm making it difficult for late comers to even heat a cup of water . Place is kind of far so sometimes coming back at late night can feel bit less safe.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2018

The owner Jason service is terrible. i cancel my reservation couse i had a job problem, and he charge to my card the 4 nights. I lost my money and they didnot tried to help me. The instalation are old, bed are not confortable and the location is far to the strip and no sure area.

Room tip: Any room recomended
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jason O, Manager at Sin City Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

We knew this would happen. All of this happened while I was out of town in a business trip. I replied your email saying I would review what had happened and would get back to you promptly. After I asked our receptionists, read all the email communication I declined your request to receive full refund. I denied your request for a few reasons:
1. You made 2 reservations on hostelworld and booking.com and requested to cancel one of them less than 48 in advance. We did it free of charge for you.
2. You then called us letting us know you were going to arrive after reception hours, our receptionist waited for you past midninght without getting any compensation just so you could make into our hostel late that night.
3. On the second day, you came in the morning, filled our check in card (that states no refund policy), completed check in and paid your balance. I didn't charge your card I was in Ireland at that time.
4.You decided to leave at 2 in the afternoon, way past check out time.

You expected us to give you free stay, free cancellation (which you got on one of the reservations), free late check in (we also did this for you), free late check out and since we didn't get all of these you took your anger against me, without knowing me in person, simply for doing my job. You sir, are what they call "fake news"

Reviewed 6 February 2018

The name of the hostel speak for itself. The rate they have quoted on their website isn't the one I'm getting. The receptionist told me that she'll provide all the receipts but I haven't got one. I don't usually write reviews but I took time to share my experience for everyone to be wise and alert because they'll rip you off.

Room tip: I dont have something to share
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jason O, Manager at Sin City Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Hi there,

Our webiste rates do not include taxes and that might be why you are confused. Actually, now that I have double checked them we noticed that the rates displayed in our website are a little bit higher vs the rates in the system so when you book you are getting the lower rate than the one displayed on our website. We don't rip anybody off. We offer great value for the money you pay, anyone with a little bit of math solving skills will be able to see that our rates are great! Included in the rate: breakfast, wifi, parking, free lockers, free safeboxes and free towels. Please, feel free to contact reception and leave your info and I will provide all the broken down details of your reservation.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

if you don't mind dormitories, then this could be your go-to place in vegas!
why spend lots of money on a room you will only sleep in anyway? here you'll find a kitchen, wifi, lounge area and friendly people from around the globe.

they have a locked parking lot and the neighborhood is pretty secure.

this joint was always either an apartment building or a thrifty motel, and now it caters to (mostly) foreign travelers who come to find out what 'sin city' is all about.

register, pay and check-in online. the whole deal (except the showering & sleeping) can be done on your phone! the people are friendly.

tips: i always bring my own towel & washcloth in my shower kit, and i travel with my own selection of tea.

also, when the town gets full (conventions or championship fights) even this place gets expensive. and note that the weekend nights are more expensive - but not by much.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank bazi43
Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is a nice little hostel, very affordable and it has pretty much everything you need - good bathroom facilities, clean basic rooms, helpful staff and a little kitchen. It certainly didn't hurt that I was travelling in Winter and had a room to myself most of the time! I don't know what it's like when the place is full. Breakfast was provided every morning and I found all the people very friendly - it's easy to meet people and make friends here. The ONE down side (it's been mentioned before) is the location. Once you get off the main strip the neighborhood gets very dodgy - a lot of homeless guys (sometimes yelling, possibly at you) and not many people around. So make sure if you are out after dark, always have someone with you or have the taxi/Uber drop you off right at the hostel. That said, I was a young woman travelling alone and nothing bad happened. You just have to take precautions!

Date of stay: January 2017