3,730 results
All reviews small casino heavenly bed off the strip spg points spg member hour starbucks business hotel two blocks starbucks coffee ferris wheel breakfast buffet ellis island quiet hotel high roller non smoking slot machines casino area
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin for one night, before starting a tour. The rate was quite affordable for the location close to the strip. It's only a few minutes walk away, but that can feel a bit with the heat. At about 1/2 price from the neighbouring hotels on the strip, worth doing the bit of walking. The fact the hotel doesn't have casinos or shops makes it easy and fast to get in / out. Check in and checkout were simple, with pleasant staff. Room was good, with a view of the high roller. Room size was ok, shower worked perfectly with good water pressure and temperature control. The guests of adjacent room (with door to connect) were quite noisy and noise travelled a fair bit. I was very jetlagged so had only a few hours sleep but the bed was comfortable.
Did not have any food or drinks so can't comment.
I would stay again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I’ve stayed at the Westin Las Vegas many times without incident. This particular stay, however, was just awful, and the number of problems I had are just inexcusable.

There were problems with the check-in based on the ongoing IT issues resulting from the Marriott usurpation of SPG. Because I had made the reservation before the merger, the hotel showed my reservation but with the wrong account number, wrong e-mail address, and wrong street address. Once the front desk updated all of that information, the reservation disappeared from my SPG/Marriott app. This meant that I could no longer use the app to request services, chat with an agent, or do a mobile check-out. The representative called the “help desk” (which would more aptly be called a “no-help desk”) only to be told that this is a known problem without a fix.

I was told that I was being upgraded to a “deluxe” room, but I frankly failed to see what made this particular room “deluxe.” It didn’t have a spectacular view, it wasn’t any larger than a standard room, and it wasn’t on one of the higher floors of the hotel. While I realize that upgrades are on a space-available basis, I don’t like being told that I am getting an upgrade when I am really not.

When I got into my room, I went to put my valuables in the room safe. Unfortunately, the previous guest had left the safe locked, so I could not access the safe. I called the front desk and was advised that engineering would be “right up” to look at the safe. After a half hour where no one came to my room, I called the front desk once again. The agent expressed “surprise” that no one had come to my room and promised that she would call engineering on the radio to make sure that they came to my room right away. After another half hour of waiting, I called for the third time, this time asking for a manager. After speaking to the manager, it took about 10 minutes before engineering showed up. Once there, it took the engineer less than a minute to open the safe with some device that he had.

The bed in the room has two nightlights attached to the headboard, but only one was working. I brought this to the attention of the front desk as I was leaving for meetings the next morning, and she promised to have engineering address the problem. Of course, when I came back from my meetings, I found that engineering did not come to address the problem. I contacted the front desk again, and they dispatched an engineer. After looking at the light, the engineer determined that the entire unit would have to be replaced but informed me that they didn’t have the necessary parts at the hotel.

The following day, housekeeping – which hadn’t been great all along - was just abysmal this day. My sheets were not changed (despite putting the “change the sheets” card in the center of the bed), the carpet was not vacuumed, my bathrobe was balled up and thrown on the couch, the toiletries were not refreshed, there was only 1 bath towel (and it wasn’t one of the “heavenly bath” towels), and the empty shampoo bottle which I had tried to toss into the garbage can but missed earlier that day was still sitting on the bathroom floor next to the trash can.

When I would take a shower in the morning, the hot water came fairly quickly. The shower, however, was not a Westin Heavenly Shower, and there was very little water pressure. The stopper for the tub did not work properly either, and the only way to allow water to drain was to remove the stopper completely. When I would take a shower in the evening (Vegas was really hot so I was showering twice a day), it would take what seemed like forever to actually get hot water. One day I actually waited about 5 minutes for hot water and then the only way to keep the shower hot was to turn the level all the way to the maximum H setting. This problem with the hot water happened every night.

I should also note that the high speed internet wasn’t much faster than old-fashioned dial up. I don’t know if it was because of the location of my room or because the internet connectivity and speed just isn’t very good there, but regardless of the reason, it was inconvenient and disappointing, especially since I was actually in Vegas to work.

While I received this hotel’s version of “turndown service” on the first night (which consisted of a housekeeper knocking on my door and handing me 2 small chocolates), I did not receive this on any of the subsequent nights.

In advance of check-out, I received the pre-departure folio by e-mail. It was not correct. I was traveling for business and on a corporate rate, and as part of the corporate rate we have negotiated a reduced “resort fee” which is about half of what is regularly charged. I’m frankly offended by resort charges in the first place, especially since most of the “benefits” you get for the resort fee are things which are already complimentary for Platinum Premier Elite guests. But when I am being charged double what I am supposed to be charged, this is just inexcusable. Despite my fairly tight schedule to get to the airport for an early flight, I of course had to wait on line to speak with a representative to get this fixed.

Ironically, this stay included my 75th night this year with SPG/Marriott so it was during this stay that I requalified for Platinum Premier Elite status for next year (although it is now a stripped down service thanks to Marriott eliminating the Your24 benefit). You would certainly expect that a guest at the top level of their frequent guest program would be treated better than I was treated. And if I received such shoddy treatment, I can only guess at how poor the experience might be for a guest without elite status with the chain.

Finally, when I left the hotel I asked the front desk to have the general manager contact me once he/she was back in the office. I’m still waiting to be contacted, and I expect that I will be waiting for a long time.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Neal Z
Nina D, Guest Experience at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Neal Z,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful insights based upon your recent visit. We truly appreciate your loyalty and feel honored that you care enough to share your feedback. I am truly sorry to learn of your experience and would like to connect with you to personally address your concerns. I have sent you a private message to gain further information from you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Being a SPG member, I always prefer to stay at Starwood Hotels. Westing vegas can be a very good option for a family traveling with kids.

Pros:
They do not charge extra for kids
Good price
Great view
Super comfy beds
very nice hotel room
5 min walk to the strip
Not in the middle of the sip, which is a good thing

Cons:
I can not think of one

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Great time @ The Westin this labor day weekend. If you want to relax at the end of the day in a quiet casino, it's just 2 short blocks east of the strip. Use of steam room and Spa is complimentary with stay. Outdoor pool and upgrades for Marriot rewards members. Check groupon for Spa specials. Onsite Starbucks,restaurant and bar.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The Westin Las Vegas was a great place to stay. We were there for a vacation stay, but it's well suited to the business traveler as well. It's just over a block off The Strip, close to two Monorail stations both are easy walks, and with no casino on the property, it's family friendly. The front desk staff was very attentive to our needs, a couple of little hiccups in our arrangements were addressed timely; excellent food at Jake & Eli's both made to order and the breakfast buffet, the bar provided a nice place to have a nightcap after returning from various shows and the Hibiscus Spa provided excellent service as well.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple