“Average Deli Fare”
Review of Canter's Las Vegas

Canter's Las Vegas
Ranked #1,471 of 5,346 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Description: Hot pastrami. Corned beef. Roasted turkey and authentic Matzo Ball Soup. Canter’s Deli is bringing back what Las Vegas eaters miss most: the simple, drool-inducing delicatessen. Residing next to the previous High Roller ticket counters, the 3,370-square-foot Canter’s Deli is part of the L.A. eatery’s much-anticipated comeback to Sin City. Menu at the LINQ features Canter’s beloved signature sandwiches, extravagant New York style cheesecake, and world-famous chocolate chip Rugelach. Other traditional Jewish deli favorites include Matza Ball Soup, Lox, Potato Latkes, and Blintz. The legend has come to the LINQ. It’s the original. It’s the reimagined.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The atmosphere is utilitarian except for the pictures on the walls (they were interesting). The service was slooooow. The food was OK - my husband had the chopped liver which wasn't half as good as Carnegie's Deli in Mirage. I had the open-faced lox and bagel sandwich which had a good quality lox but a heavily toasted bagel. Would I go back? Well, we went to Carnegis's Deli later in the week and it was so much better. The prices between the 2 places are comparable - FYI.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

On a late Thursday night, my wife and I were looking for a tasty, easy, convenient small meal, and after strolling the Linq Promenade, we settled on Canter's Deli. It very much hit the spot.
My wife, looking for a smaller snack had a NY Hot Dog with sweet onions....large, grilled, with ample topping....eaten more with a knife and fork rather than with the hands.
I went for the classic Corned Beef Reuben. I was taken back by the quality of the meat...moist, tender, lean, flavorful. This was piled high on rye, with adequate amount of dressing and sauerkraut. Filling and flavorful.
The place was nearly empty, but, to their credit, the staff provided attentive, courteous and timely service.Cost, including beverages...for eating on the Las Vegas strip...was $30 without tip. We though the visit worthwhile, and would eat there again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Ok, it’s hard to rate the worst dining experience that I have ever had without actually eating but here goes. Arrived at Canter’s at 11:45am and requested a table for two. Told 20 minutes. Ok. 2- minutes later called for our table. Seated outside and noticed a number of empty tables, some with place settings but no diners. Strange? After not being greeted at all by a server a server showed up at the table next to us that was seated 10 minutes earlier. He explained that he didn’t know he had any outside tables. After taking their drink orders he proclaimed that he would be “back with their drink orders when he could”. Uh oh. Another 10 minutes goes by and no server. The couple behind us gets irritated and leaves, no server. They pass by a couple of ladies seated to our left and exchanged stories about the lack of service. One lady goes inside to see what is going on. Mean while I stop one of the greeters who has now seated yet another couple, ironically at the table where the people just walked out. I tell him we haven’t seen a server, he mumbles something about seeing what is going on and goes inside. We wait another 10 minutes and decide to leave. On my way out I tell the young ladies at their stand about not seeing a server. They slightly apologize but knew what was, or wasn’t going on. Not their fault.

This is a breakdown of the highest order. A lack of managerial skills with the blame to be squarely placed at the feet of the owner, manager, and shift manager. If Canter’s in L.A. have just leased out their name to these people, they need to be careful about their brand, these people are ruining it.

By the was, we left Canter’s and walked down to Virgil’s Real BBQ, it was amazing. Seated immediately and greeted by our server within 2 minutes, and it was crowded too!!

The photo I am sharing shows the empty tables outside right before we left. Empty tables but still a 20 minute wait and a lot of people waiting for a table.

Canter’s should be ashamed!

1  Thank Cliff M
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Found this place on the way back from the Linq High Roller. Needed a less crowded place to eat during the busy lunch hour and this was about it. Too crowded at In and Out. The food was decent. Stage Deli and Carnegie Deli are much better with bigger portions. Had the pastromi sandwich which looked exactly like my wife's corned beef sandwich. Wish it came with cucumber pickles. Potato salad was good and the fries were the large cut style, Bottled root beer was good, but the service was super-slow. Don't know the problem. People seated after us had ordered and paid their bill before we received our food.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We have eaten at Canters twice already and enjoyed. Our guests from Ohio loved it especially the pastrami. This last visit the bagels were "chewy/gummy" but first time they were great. Otherwise, food as usual is delicious!!