“Nice atmosphere - food was disappointing”

SEA - The Thai Experience
Ranked #350 of 5,300 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Restaurant was in the hotel where I was staying. Steamed chicken and shrimp dumplings in spicy chili soy sauce were very good. My mistake was ordering grilled short ribs marinated with lemon grass. The beef was very tough - in hindsight I should have sent it back. I should have gone to White Castle at 1/10 the cost.

Oh T, General Manager at SEA - The Thai Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. While we are delighted to hear you enjoyed the steamed chicken and shrimp dumplings we are disappointed to learn you did not enjoy the short ribs. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can ensure this does not happen again. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Ordered chicken pineapple fried rice to go for lunch. I like spicy food, so asked for it to be medium hot. Turned out to be so hot that I could barely put it in my mouth. Could not taste any other flavor due to the heat. Ended up trashing it.

Thank you, Joy, for taking the time to write your review and share your experience. I'm sorry that the taste of your meal did not match your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and will use them in our upcoming review of our practices, which we do on a consistent basis. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to remedy this experience for you in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

So I reviewed this restaurant menu on line before I booked it and it looked lovely, everything I wanted for our celebration meal. We wanted sushi and was all ready for it until we sat down. We looked at the menu and sushi wasn’t on it. I checked on line again by typing in sea Vegas and there it was sushi. The waiter was called over and bizarrely told us that the menu was for New York!!! The menu in this restaurant was nice but lame. I felt like I’d be conned so I wouldn’t recommend this restaurant to anyone

Thank you, Connor, for your candid feedback. We appreciate all the comments we receive from our guests whether they are good or bad. I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations or make our service very clear on your first visit. If you choose to dine with us again, then I hope we are able to make up for your last experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I remembered the name of the restaurant, because I've been to the one in Brooklyn. I must say that I prefer this one! The food,staff, environment was EXCEPTIONAL!!! The ambience was perfect! The seats near water , added that special touch to it. Located at the Ballys Hotel. You can end or begin the perfect night out eating there. We went to the hotel to see the mind reading show. That was the perfect combination to end or mother and daughter date!
We ordered the Grilled sirloin steak salad, pineapple fried rice , saute chicken and shrimp drunken noodles. All with a spice level of 5 (that was the highest)
I usually get spice level 10 in other Thai restaurants, but their 5 was like a very tasty 10!
I most definitely will be going back!

We are grateful for your kind words! We strive to impress with great tasting food and friendly service in an inviting environment, so we’re glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We order pad thai with roasted duck, roasted duck fried rice, crispy calamari and spring roll and all of them were average and the only consolation is the server , hes the best and treated us really good.