“Amazing! Delicious! Innovative!”
Review of China Poblano

China Poblano
Reserve with OpenTable
China Poblano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 5,012 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harmon Avenue
Transit: Las Vegas Transit 24 hrs daily
Description: China Poblano in Las Vegas is a concept from the innovative Chef José Andrés that showcases his personal take on Mexican and Chinese cuisines where tacos and noodles come together in a festive stylish setting that only Vegas can provide. Essentially, bringing Mexico and China together.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This restaurant is always one of our first stops when we get to Vegas. The service is OK, but the reason to go is for the food. Tacos - we have tried every one of them more than once and the best is the tongue taco! Wow. Just wow... so full of flavor. Even if you are a little skittish about unusual cuts of beef the tongue is worth the try. I don't eat beef hardly at all, but the tongue taco is where I make the exception because it's just too delicious. The other MUST have is the deep fried pork buns. The steamed buns are wonderful, of course. but the fried ("golden") buns are beyond words. The combination of salty pork and sauce, with the fluffy dough, and then the sweetness of the condensed milk dipping sauce just makes for a heavenly bite. We still talk about them and I wish I could make them at home.
The drinks are amazing! Truly amazing. Mixology at its finest. My husband loves the mezcal floater margarita, I prefer the sweeter drinks. We have never been disappointed.
Overall this is a must-go in Vegas. From one of my favorite chefs, this is a true delight and always a terrific experience.

1  Thank Sarah A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The concept is Genius, the food is equally incredible. Hand made tortillas made right in front of you, the Black Bean taco was amazing, as was the Fish taco. Pair these with a top shelf Margarita with salted foam, and viola, your taste buds will be thanking you!! What a sweet surprize this was.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I had the tasting menu and my wife ordered a bean taco and hanger steak. Our server added a little bit extra to some of the tasting menu selections so my wife could try them as well. We both had plenty of food with how we ordered. Two full tasting menus would have been way too much food. Our server was very friendly and helpful in making and explaining our selections. The cocktail menu also has some very interesting drinks.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We stopped by for a quick lunch. The food was served very fast and was delicious. The dumplings are hand made right in front of you. They are really really awesome!

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped by China Poblano for a quick lunch and I was impressed with the service and ambience. The menu offers a good selection and is very reasonably priced in my opinion. I selected the carnitas and silencio tacos and the golden pigs. The carnitas taco was absolutely delicious, and the silencio was yummy too, but the sauce was too overpowering. I was not a fan of the dumplings as they were far too sweet for my taste, but I suspected that would be the case by the description. The salt air margarita was the best I've ever had- perfectly balanced and not too sweet. I would definitely return here on my next visit.