“Great break from a long conference day”

Canyon Ranch Spa + Fitness
Ranked #7 of 161 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The state-of-the-art Canyon Ranch spa + fitness facilities include massage, skin care and body treatment rooms, two fitness centers, a 40-foot indoor rock-climbing wall, movement therapy and Pilates studio, cycling gym, Kinesis studio, men and women locker rooms, relaxation lounges, two restaurants, beauty salon, bridal suite, barber suite, co-ed relaxations spaces and Aquavana(R) - a European-inspired aquathermal oasis. Canyon Ranch spa + fitness encompasses 134,000 square feet and is located in The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts in Las Vegas.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was attending a two day conference at the Venetian Hotel, and I purchased a 3 day Spa pass. It was well worth it; I went to use the clean and well stocked spa facility during the opening hours when I had the whole place to myself. It was much busier on Friday afternoon at 2pm, but the facility was still clean and well maintained.

CanyonRanchSpaClub, Spa Director at Canyon Ranch Spa + Fitness, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for spending some of your time in Las Vegas with us! It is wonderful to hear you were able to take a break from your conference to relax and rejuvenate with our 3-Day Spa Pass. It will be a pleasure to welcome you on your next trip.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"therapist"
in 102 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I expected superb service. However, that did not happen. My masseuse excused herself in the middle of my hot stone massage, stepped out of the room, returned a couple minutes later, and stated:" sorry, my manager had to talk to me."
Really? In the middle of my massage? I complained to the manager afterwards and received a 20% discount...
I am not sure when this spa got their awards but it must have been a few years ago. It does not look like anything has been updated in a while. Furthermore, I was not made aware of the amenities that were available to me. I stumbled into the wave room while I got lost. (That room is actually really nice and relaxing). Therefore, this experience was pretty disappointing.

1  Thank Wiebke P

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and I would like to apologize that your treatment did not met our own high expectations. Our management team appreciates the opportunity to have spoken with you regarding your experience. We hope to welcome you in the future so we can provide you with the exceptional wellness spa experience for which we are known.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I am unbelievably disappointed by my experience. I had been looking forward to a massage at Canyon Ranch for weeks. I arrived early, checked in early and was ready on time. It took a long time for them to come back and get me so I asked to use the restroom before my massage so we got started a little late. Not only did the masseuse not make up the time it took for the late pick-up but they also finished early.

When I asked to speak to a manager afterwards the front desk lady said they would come talk to me. 25 minutes later no one came. She calls again and they inform me they need to check the cameras to see what happened and they would call me (which in itself irritating). After no one called I called them and spoke to a young man who informed me the problem really was that I went to the bathroom before the service and that cut into my time.

I've gone to spas all over the world and never have been penalized for having to use the bathroom.

Overall the staff appear stressed - which makes sense considering massage therapists don't get an extra 5 minutes between appointments. The space is nothing to write home about and the customer service is very bad. The spa feels less like a calm/quiet space and more like a factory - "IE, get people in and out as fast as possible so we can make money."

Needless to say I would not recommend anyone, ever, go to this spa.

3  Thank Montie30
CanyonRanchSpaClub, Spa Director at Canyon Ranch Spa + Fitness, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I appreciate your feedback and it is a disappointment to hear that we fell short in meeting your expectations during your recent visit. I apologize that you did not feel as though the spa was calm. Even though weekends are our busiest time, we still want all of our guests to enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating wellness experience. However, during your massage the therapist did extend the treatment time in order to accommodate the time missed for the restroom break. I invite you to call me directly should you want to discuss your experience further. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The spa was great, they staff did a great job of checking on the guests, my wife and I had two excellent massages there, and the barber Philip Moreau also did an excellent job. It was a good "get away."

CanyonRanchSpaClub, Spa Director at Canyon Ranch Spa + Fitness, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for choosing to spend some relaxation and rejuvination time with us and for your gracious comments. I look forward to passing along your compliments to our dedicated staff. It will be our pleasure to welcome both you and your wife again soon!