“Excellent Mexican food.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had dinner here one night and I have to say that it was one of the best Mexican restaurants that I have been to recently. The food was excellent and the service was also great. I would definitely eat here again on my next trip to Vegas.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My husband wanted to go here since Jim Rome always talk about this place. We went for lunch. It took us a while to get there since it wasn’t stated on the website. (It’s located in the Aria hotel).

The margaritas were excellent. I had the pineapple margarita. For the food we had guacamole, New York strip and the scallops. The food was excellent. The scallops were on the smaller portion but it was absolutely delicious!

Glad that we went there.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Went here on a Sunday night for dinner. No reservations, but got in no problem at 6:00 pm with a nice large booth for two. Had their signature margaritas to start, which were very good, and strong. No appetizer, but my wife and I both had enchilada's with crab and seafood in them, chees melted on top, and a white sauce all around. These were outstanding and so tasty! I would definitely get those again. Not the largest portion size, but enough if not "starving".

So overall was very good, just a little pricey for what you get in my view, which is why only four stars.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Located inside the beautiful Aria Hotel & Casino you will find this fine dining Mexican restaurant Javier's. Last week I had some family in town that was staying at the Vdara hotel which is basically right next door to Aria. Majority of the party all agreed on wanting a good place that offered Mexican food on their last night in Las Vegas. With being so close to Aria I thought to myself well what better opportunity then now to schedule a reservation at Javier's.

I called into the MLife reservation line and was told that the next available reservation wasn't until 10:30 PM and at the time I called it was only around 8:15PM (ish). That wasn't going to fly with a bunch of hungry people but something told me to just try and do a walk in and yeah they were able to get us seated in not even less than 30 minutes. I thought this was odd especially because you would've thought that they'd offered better service to an MLife member over the phone...

Upon arrival we were kindly greeted and let the hostess know that we had literally just made reservations and were offered to check out the bar area until the table was ready. Half of our party went to wonder around and gamble and the remaining stayed at got some drinks and little bites to eat. The Jalapeno margarita was highlighted by one of the bartenders as one of their most popular drinks so we started with a round of those and wow they were delicious! In addition to the margaritas we also ordered the "Trio de Ceviche" which gives you a choice of either Camaron, Pulpo, Pescado or Ahi.. We selected everything but the Pulpo. Now ceviche is one of my favorite dishes and I have to be honest it was just okay.. I really didn't get that over the top taste and have had it at places a lot less fancier and it was better.. My aunt and uncle also agreed but by this time our table was ready!

Once we were finally seated our waiter came over who by the way was very nice and did a great job with giving us some recommendations. For me I have been on this Pescatarian diet for almost 6 months so I asked about what were some of the best seafood dishes. I ended up getting the "Fideo Del Mar" which is a Seafood linguine with shrimp and Dungeness crab in a spicy tomato cream sauce, topped with a wild Mexican white prawn and a fresh, wild scallop, garnished with Cojita cheese and green onion. I would give the dish 4/5 it was definitely good!

Overall I would have to say that the experience was great. Customer service can really make or break the experience and so I battled with going with 3 or 4 stars but the service from the hostess to the bartender to our server was all great and the average of 3 stars for the food bumped them up a star. I say an average of 3 stars food wise based of the "so so" answers of everybody at the table. We can all agree that it's pretty pricey for what you get in actuality.. However I always have to argue the fact of location location location!! I'm convinced that I should possibly return and give them another try to give me that WOW factor on the food side.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

For real margaritas (on the rocks with salt), they make them well here, particularly the Cadillac. Food is good and nice lively atmosphere. Also, prices are not too bad considering Jean-George in the same hotel was north of $500 for 4, while 4 here was under $200 (with tip).

I only wish they let you make reservations online in advance, and not sure why they don't. Has to be done by phone or on site, so you get no confirmations. It can get filled quickly, so best to call or stop in and make them in advance.

Been to Javier's? Share your experiences!