“Love, Love, Love Nora's!!!”
Review of Nora's Cuisine

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo & Jones
Description: Gino and Nora opened Nora’s Cuisine in 1991 with a modest seating capacity of 12. Over the years the restaurant has expanded and is now one of Las Vegas’ longest standing Italian restaurants, serving locals and guests from around the world. With over 70+ classic Italian dishes, our menu is sure to satisfy all of your Italian cravings. Our recipes have been through the test of time and you are sure to find something you will enjoy. For years we have also been creating some of the best cocktails in Las Vegas. With fresh ingredients and and intense attention to detail we have become one of the premier cocktail bars in Las Vegas. Overall, Nora’s captures the essence of the immigrant founded Italian restaurants of the 20th century, in an updated comfortable setting. Family owned and operated with integrity and love. We are passionate about flavorful food, authentic wine and quality service.
Reviewed 4 February 2008

My husband and I tried Nora's because it was featured on an episode of "The Hungry Detective" which used to air on The Food Network. it was mentioned that chefs from the top hotels frequent there after workon the. We also heard that from a hotel concierge when she asked where we were headed for dinner one evening. The food is fabulous. Not only is it fabulous, it's reasonably priced! As are the drinks. Family owned, warm and friendly atmosphere as well.
My favorites are the antipasto , the baked ziti (which although it is one serving, you can definitely split it with someone. It's too much for one person). I don't know what they do to the ricotta to make it so creamy. Last time I ordered it, I had them add sausage to it - I think that is the way I'll be ordering it from now on! For dessert, you have to try the canoli. Absolutely amazing.
Honestly, I couldn't care less if world class chefs eat there or not. The food is that good. It's a highlight every time we're in Vegas.

1  Thank crandles60

Reviewed 24 January 2008

Wow, looking at the last reviews it's hard to beleive I was at the same place. We had an early 5:00 reservation for dinner. This is a family owned place that makes everything fresh. There is no flash here. The food was very good with big portions. The service was attentive and helpful. It will get very busy. Have a reservation or prepare for a wait. (I know the tables by the kitchen mentioned before...it is a bad area to eat). Great pizza too. Don't forget the desserts...again all home made.

WP

1  Thank wpeer
Reviewed 12 January 2008

Don't waste your time or money on this dreadul restaurant!! This was a terrible experience --- and all of the hostesses had an arrogant attitude. After waiting for 45 minutes, we were seated basically in the "Kitchen" area with 2 other tiny tables. Banging dishes, registers ringing, clanking glasses being filled with ice,and the bustle of the waiters in this corridor to the kitchen was not conducive to pleasant dining. When we asked to be seated in an area outside of the kitchen corrider, the snotty hostesses acted as though WE were at fault. They told us we had to wait ANOTHER 45 minutes to be seated. So, we ended up eating at the bar. The garlic bread was a SOGGY mess, and was not toasted. The bruschetta, however, was excellent. The shrimp linguine dish was very bland and tasteless. Way too much oil and not enough herbs. My husband's dish was mediocre penne pasta primavera - with vegetables way overcooked and mushy.
What surprised us most was the parmesan cheese shaker, instead of freshly grated cheese- this was the same kind of cheese shaker you would find at a cheap pizza parlor. The service was deplorable -the staff seemed like a bunch of bumbling fools - a comedy of errors. The worst experience in Vegas dining. Don't waste your time or money!!!

5  Thank JODYFI
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Based on all the great reviews I finally went to Nora's only to come out more than disappointed. I made my reservations for 4:30 when they open for dinner. When i got there things were already hectic, with no hostess in sight and the people occupying the hostess podium not acknowledging me. But once seated, things improved in that regard. The service was outstanding, with everyone seemingly glad that you are there. The ambience was also very nice, intimate. The garlic bread was good. Their salad had a generous portion of cheese and olives (for those who like olives in their salad - I don't). But the ranch dressing was that aweful supermarket type, not the tasty restaurant kind. The mozarella sticks were ok, but came with a tiny portion of marinara. I had the chicken Marsala which came with a considerable portion of spaghetti and sauce. Although the menu says boneless chicken breast, what you really get is 4 pieces of one breast. The Marsala sauce's flavor was winey but disappointing because it was very watery, no depth, the favor dissipated instantly. If that weren't bad enough, the "tomato sauce" that came with the pasta was the most horrible sauce I've ever tried. Be warned, this is not pasta with marinara sauce, but tomato sauce. It's tomato paste-based and it's flavor is indiscribably bad: industrial, chemical, hard to believe it comes from tomatoes. Perhaps rancid ketchup would be a way to describe it, but again, only a very faint hint of tomato taste. Shockingly bad. Not only that, but it was spicy-hot. My friend had the Lasagna which was made with the same repulsive sauce. She didn't mind it for some reason. I couldn't eat it. Great service can't make up for the horrible food. At least the prices were very reasonable. Still, that doesn't make bad food taste better. For good Italian food I'll continue going to Casa Di Amore.

4  Thank Chaz_233
Reviewed 29 December 2007

After having tried many of the so called great italian dining spots in Las Vegas this place has the best italian food and best price for authentic italian food. The food is well worth the wait but you should make reservations if you do not want to have a long wait. The price is great for families on a budget, it will not break the bank like other italian restaurants in Las Vegas. It is off the beaten path but it is well worth finding your way to this restaurant.

3  Thank DieselNewMexico

Been to Nora's Cuisine? Share your experiences!