“Fun weekend Getaway”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you are looking for a great place off the strip then I highly recommend Red Rock Resort and Casino. Rooms are modern and tasteful, get a view of the mountains or pool if possible, strip view is a very distant strip view. Red Rock Spa is fantastic so make sure you set aside a few hours to relax in the steam room or Jacuzzi pools. The location is only 15 minutes from strip. Great spot for a couples weekend.

Room Tip: Suites are great, rooms with view of the pool and red rocks behind casino are very pretty.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,210)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

For a break from the strip area Red Rock Resort is the place to stay and you'll feel like a local. The dealers at the tables are very friendly and take time to explain the games like 3-Card Bonus, Let It Ride Bonus and 4-Card Poker. This self contained resort has been our alternative to the main strip area for the last 5 years.
The Resort has a great variety of restaurants including the best buffet in Vegas. Get your boarding pass & you'll have access to lower room rates and free comps as your points mount up. Take the time to explore the beautiful Red Rock Canyon area and you'll find great photo op vistas just a mile down Charleston Blvd. Families activities can be enjoyed from the great pool, enjoy the Regal movie theaters or just go to the bowling centers which are all located within the Resort.

Room Tip: With our "Boarding Pass" we get monthly special lower room rates, free $10.00 slot play...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Absolutely nowhere else I would ever want to stay in Vegas. Excellent food choices for all the price ranges and tons to do! I love the spa area, totally worth the resort charge. The service is excellent everywhere and the accomodations are top notch!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room inbetween the casino and pool elevators if walking a lot is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am a Vegas local and my boyfriend and I booked to stay at Red Rock for 2 nights over Valentine's Day because of the close proximity to my workplace. Upon check-in, I was disappointed when the lady at the front desk informed me that the king bed we booked online was unavailable and they only had rooms with 2 queens left. She offered that I can upgrade to a king suite for a "discounted" $50 a night which I reluctantly accepted.

I've never stayed at this hotel before and have only been at the casino to check out restaurants or go for happy hour. I've heard good things about the hotel so I was really surprised and annoyed when I discovered that my room was in the farthest end of the hallway of almost 60 rooms which makes for the longest walk to get to any hotel room, in my experience. I was cursing whoever designed this elevator/room layout as I was making the long trek to the room.

Ah, the room. It was definitely spacious. So spacious that it appeared all the furniture was pushed towards the window, leaving a dance-floor-sized empty space between the bed and bathroom. If this was their handicap-accessible room, they have succeeded in the fact that you could park a dozen wheelchairs in this space. I assessed the room and decided it was not worth paying an extra $50 per night. It was essentially the regular king-size room furniture thrown into a large space.

I was now highly annoyed when I called the front desk and the same lady answered. She was nice enough to move us back to the 2-queen bedroom. But before that, she actually offered to lower the luxury king price from $50 extra/night to $35. Seriously? She was trying to haggle with me? This made me realize that she could've probably given us the crappy king-size room at no extra charge in the first place. So chintzy. This kind of service does not deserve the 4-diamond award.

9  Thank reluctant_travels
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My Ragnar Team was able to get a couple of rooms there after the Ragnar Las Vegas Relay. Most of the team took off to the strip after the race, so my wife and I took one of the rooms for ourselves. I’ve stayed in a couple of the larger Hotels on the Vegas Strip, and I have to tell you, I’d go back to the Red Rock before any of the others. The rooms are clean, the beds are fantastic, and our room had a big soaking tub with a TV. I’ll tell you, checking in there after running across the desert for 27 hours was a wonderful experience.
Yes, it was a bit of a drive to get back to I-15 the next day, but worth it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends