“Convenient locatiion”

Ranked #134 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Galway
“Convenient locatiion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here for three nights with friends. The casino was great, some cheap tables and also more expensive ones, for those with lots of cash to spend.

The staff were lovely and all the punters were really friendly too. There was a real sense of camaraderie between the players as we all tried to beat the dealer.

The room was adequate, could do with a bit of modernization, but I didn't spend that much time there :)

The food was lovely and reasonable priced. Yummy buffalo wings at 5.30am!!!

Hooters was within walking distance to all the bigger hotels and casinos, MGM, Stratosphere etc.

I would recommend this hotel for it's value for money, convenience and friendliness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the swimming pool or one with a view of the pool
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here in April of 2009 with a friend when we came down to watch the NHRA event at the drag strip (sorry it's taken me so long to write a review! I had to pick April 2011 down below which is not accurate). I was 26 at the time and my buddy was 23 and we were both single at the time. Needless to say we LOVED it. I booked through Travelocity and they put us in one of the poolside Bungalow rooms. Within seconds of dropping our bags in our room (which was just what we expected, clean and neat) we ran to the strip to get booze and came back and jumped in the pool. Being able to walk 15 steps to get into the pool from our room was great, especially for my first trip to Vegas. The staff at the hotel was tremendous. We even got to know some of the pool security personnel on a first name basis during our 5 nights.
On top of being a great place to stay with cheap booze and a nice pool, the location is fine too. As someone else mentioned, sometimes it will take you 10 minutes to get to the strip from your room at the huge resorts. It was a 3 minute walk from our room to the front doors, another 4 minutes and we were on the strip. I also prefer the south end of the strip which gives Hooters another 5 out of 5. I have now been to Vegas 4 times in total and have stayed at Excalibur, Stratosphere and Treasure Island and deep down inside Hooters is still my favorite.
The casino is great too. It's not huge which is nice, and I won $350 out of a slot machine which I have not even come close to replicating at any of the other casinos in the city.
I hear that the hotel/casino was recently sold and purchased by a new owner. Lets hope they keep it a Hooters and never let it lose it's charm!
I am now 29 and engaged to be married. My groomsmen have decided (since I love Vegas so much) to hold my bachelor party in Sin City and the minute I heard that I was coming back to Vegas with my father, brother and 10 friends all I had to say was HOOTERS! You can expect to see me again sometime in May!

Room Tip: Take a bungalow room if you want to be close to the pool. Otherwise the tower rooms are just fine.
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

My Hubby and I stayed for 2 days recently and spent $18.00 per night ($29 total with resort fee) Way to start a Vegas trip!! We arrived at the hotel at about 12:00 am on a Wednesday and the first Gal that we interacted with at the front desk was the coolest person ever! Customer service means the WORLD to us and - She had us at hello! Yes the room was outdated but it was a NICE ROOM!! I really did feel like I was at a resort on the beach. My husband and I have some pretty high standards and I swear - Don't knock Hooters Casino and Hotel, the atmosphere was a fun and fresh start to our Vegas vacation. That’s a lot to say for us approaching 40ish..... We already have people booking there for the summer!! Oh wait – My Husbands only gripe was that the towels were rough! (Thought I’d throw that in! )

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcella2007
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

we ate/drank at the front bar while waiting on our flight out of Vegas.. good food and good drinks and CHEAP... bud light is 1.50 all day long... put 20.00 in the bar poker game and they are free... of course there is plenty of eye candy fellas

Room Tip: be thirsty... haha
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I went to Las Vegas last year for the Viva Rockabilly festival over Easter Weekend. A few friends and I stayed here. We were all stunned by how friendly and helpful the staff was all around! Rooms are a little dated but it is Vegas how much time will you really spend in your room? Food was great and cheap same for drinks! Men of X show was perfect for something for us ladies. I won't be staying anywhere else in Vegas because the price and staff. Beds are super comfy too! I'll be going back this April for the festival again!