Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$169
Hotels.comUS$152
Trip.comUS$181
TripadvisorUS$152
TraveluroUS$182
ZenHotels.comUS$206
4,116 results
All reviews princess suite full kitchen non smoking off the strip ellis island pots and pans rooms are huge two blocks separate shower strip view room vegas las casino flamingo sinks
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2022 via mobile

Just spent 5 nights at the Platinum. I would highly recommend it to families. Large suites, full kitchen, convenient location (close to strip, but away from all the hustle), free parking, very friendly and accommodating staff. If we ever come back to Vegas with our 3 kids, we’ll come back here for sure.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2021

Booked in 3rd December for 9 nights Stayed in room 1408, I would not recommend anyone having this room or any room facing the mountains nor any room above floor level 10 if they wish a good nights sleep. ( this problem has been around for 5 years to my knowledge and they still have not rectified it)
Standards have fallen sharply, staff are incompetent and totally lacking in customer hospitality skills, Senior Management are incapable of resolving minor issues. Issues and requests are not acted upon and all in all this has been our worst ever stay at the Platinum and therefore we can no longer recommend it as a good place to stay, and would advise others not to use this hotel anymore until it can prove that its staff have been retrained and its standards improved.
Brief list of faults: (and this was just the tip of iceberg.)
Firstly upon arrival we were told that no strip view room was available even though we had requested one back on September 21st, You would have thought this was something they could sort out given they had 11 weeks to do so, but no they had not managed to do so and reluctantly we accepted a mountain view. ( biggest mistake we made)
Housekeeping was requested daily upon our arrival at reception and notes were taken, we were then phoned in our room on our very first evening to confirm Housekeeping was requested daily, we told reception before leaving hotel on our first morning at 8am for a day out that we would be back at 3pm and housekeeping could have access. Guess what?
your right it wasn't done, had to go back down to reception to get housekeeping to change towels, 2 days later housekeeping missed again and 3 days later missed again. 3 out of 9 nights missed. ( even though it was recorded on their own system)
The fan in the bathroom when turned off would generate noise from the roof fan bearings, also the air-conditioning vents in the Main bedroom and lounge would carry noise from the Air-condition units on the roof even when it was turned off, they did manage to fix the Bathroom fan but the aircon units were so noisy with the same problem that we requested a room change this is where the fun really started.
A very helpful member of staff by the name of Marlene,( the only one we had any time for ) found us a new room 1041 facing the strip, so off we went to our room and repacked all our belongings in 3 suitcases and multiple bags and off we went to 1401 only to be stopped by maintenance and told that we could not have that room as essential maintenance needed to be carried out. So off I went back to reception only to find that Marlene had gone home for the day and that she had been replaced by Denise, who on a good day I would describe as being the worst receptionist I have ever had the misfortune to deal with, her attitude was one of utter contempt that she now actually had to come off her phone and do some work. Her condescending looks and mannerisms were enough to put me off her but her attitude got worse and worse as time went by.
The first room she gave me was worse than the room we were in as it was on the 16th floor and the noise from the fans on the roof were worse than 1408, the next room she allocated was on the 12th floor tucked up in the corner next to the lounge and bedrooms were right next to 2 huge fans which was what we were trying to avoid and the final room which by this time I had lost the will to live was dirty and looked as if it had not been cleaned in a month and that safe was taped up with Sellotape which was a must for us.
I then went back to reception only to be told there was nothing else available, so I said how bad the situation was and if they were unwilling to find me a better room I might as well check out. So she checked me out there and then, No trying to be helpful or calling for a manager to assist, just a belligerent attitude of I don't give a damm.
I called the manager out and after he tried at least to have a look at the system moving forwards, unsuccessfully, I got him to reinstate room 1408 where I spent the rest of the vacation sleeping with Earplugs in at night as my wife did not want to uproot again.
going back to room 1408
neither plugs in the sinks would stay down they would pop up when you were trying to fill them with water, the bath plug leaked so, as fast as it filled it drained ( I fixed this myself by adjusting the plug setting) the refrigerator hummed and whined as loud as the Aircon units and to cap it all, the windows are that thin in the bedroom that you can hear every jet that takes off and passed the hotel.
Not once in our 9 nights stay were the carpets vacuumed as their was tinsel left from a previous occupant in the same place from the day we arrived to the day we left in our room and in the hallway ( this is something I have mentioned in previous reviews as a bad point which they still have not learnt from)
I also reported on day 5 to reception that there was no hand sanitiser in the dispenser in lift 3, when we left on day 9 there was still no hand sanitiser, so much for there enhanced cleaning policies when they cant even top up a bottle when told it was empty. People walked around the hotel freely with no masks on even though the hotels policy clearly states masks must be worn, no one was ever challenged
Never again will we use Platinum and based on my experiences neither should you.

Room tip: Avoid any room above the 10th floor
Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 16 November 2021

This is a hotel that I have waited a long time to visit and the wait was well worth it. The check-in was seamless. We arrived early to the hotel and was still able to check in early. I booked the reservation directly on the price was as advertised when we checked in. I had questions about the terms and the person who assisted me was SUPER. He got everything squared away, described the suite and did and online upgrade.. Fantastic. This hotel has top notch customer service, whenever we called the front desk they picked up promptly and took care of business. The hotel facilities and suite were clean. The floor was quiet. The lounge food at the hotel was well prepared, delicious and reasonably priced The suite was very spacious with a nice view of the strip. The pool area was nice. If you want snacks there is liquor store just down the street and Ellis Island Casino is almost next door with good food and great prices, and also for upscale dining there is a Lawry's. The strip is within easy walking distance. I like this hotel is a breath of fresh air. No smoky smell, it is intimate so you can enjoy the hotel without the crowd. I highly recommend this hotel. I will be back!!

Date of stay: October 2021
3  Thank Linford C
Reviewed 14 November 2021

This hotel is probably 3/4 mile walk to get to the Strip, on a busy well-lit street. (But honestly, you're going to walk miles each day if you are out wandering in Vegas anyway.) I felt safe doing the walk. The Monorail stop is midway from hotel to the Strip.
Stayed 4 nights. Non smoking hotel without casino, so you don't have to walk for 10 minutes through the casino to get to the elevators and your room. The rooms are huge--separate living room and kitchen area. Kitchen equipped with plates/bowls/silverware for 4, but no pots or pans. Couldn't get hot water to run in the kitchen sink. 2 TVs. Very large bathroom with shower and a large tub. Decent patio with 4 chairs and a table that looked toward the strip (and sunset views).
I needed to do a Zoom call, and had trouble with unstable wifi, but the next day, Microsoft Teams meeting was fine. I wandered around hotel looking for better wifi signal, but still had problems on Zoom. Front desk clerk was kind enough to turn on lights in the closed restaurant for my call.
Restaurant/bar is only open Thurs to Sunday, after 4PM. I didn't utilize the pool or the fitness room, but they appeared open. The spa is still closed for COVID.
Snacks available for purchase in lobby. A couple of convenience stores nearby to get other things, but signs of nearby homeless are everywhere, including the Strip.
Housekeeping doesn't come in daily unless you ask for it. We requested it, and a good clean up job was done each day.

Room tip: Higher floors will give you a better view of the Strip
Date of stay: November 2021
4  Thank rockystuff
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

Loved the location. Away from the strip yet still close. Easy check in with a bottle of wine in the house. The deluxe with 2 queen beds is more then enough space and a balcony. Quick call down to the front desk and pots and pans were brought up. There is a 7-11 a short walk away.

Now here is the part that may deter some. One morning I woke up, got some water, and went to the balcony. I looked down and there were a guy sleeping in the rocks when I looked down. Walking from the hotel to the strip would be uneasy for some due to there being any number of people sleeping just off of the side walk.

Otherwise it is a good place to stay if your not pressed to gamble. A short walk will get you your fix.

Room tip: Walmart less then 10 minutes away Starbucks short walk Ask for high floor
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank RavensFan7
Melissa Graves, Revenue Management at The Platinum Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us during your visit to our hotel. We are happy you chose our hotel during your stay in Las Vegas and to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional experiences for our guests and always welcome feedback from our guests to enhance their experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Best regards,