“Peking Duck Tasting with Wine Pairing”
Review of Wing Lei

Wing Lei
Reserve with OpenTable
Wing Lei is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 5,054 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Boulevard So. and Sands Avenue
Transit: 24/7 Las Vegas Public Transit; the Deuce and Express Bus stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Reviewed 15 July 2017

When my husband said, "Let's do the Peking Duck tasting," I said, "That's a lot of duck. How are they going to create 4 courses out of duck?" They did a superb job of creating 4 completely different dishes out of one duck which had been roasted to perfection.. We chose the wine pairing option, and that was a fantastic choice. The sommelier was wonderful. The pours were generous, each selection paired perfectly with the flavors of the dishes.

The first course featured duck carved table side and served in small pancakes with slivers of onion and cucumber with a dash of hoison sauce. This was paired with a port wine. The second was a Chardonnay paired with a crisp duck salad. Third was a duck soup with noodles and broth paired with a white wine made from a grape I'd never heard of, but loved the flavors in tandem. Next was a duck stir fry with rice and mushrooms paired with a German red wine. I thought that was a bit odd, since the Germans are known more for their white grapes than their reds, but I quite liked the combination. Finally dessert featured a creamy mousse-like concoction with a hard black & white chocolate shell, a dessert wine, and some mini chocolates as well.

Often when we order a wine pairing with a meal I am disappointed with the small pours. Not so here. I was able to have a sip with each bite, if I wanted to, and have a little bit to savor at the end of the course.

Overall, an impressive and fun adventure! But get out your wallet, because it's really expensive.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

There were five of us, including a vegan. Not sure which of us ooh'd and ah'd more. Every dish was superb, in terms of taste but also presentation. Service was perfect. This restaurant, located in Wynn's Las Vegas, is in itself worthy of a trip back to Las Vegas. Fantastic!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I have lived in 5 countries on two continents in the last five months. I consider myself a hardcore foodie that loves great food and terrific wine. I am based in Las Vegas and have previously lived there for 8 years. The food in Las Vegas is exceptional!

In the restaurant world, most meals are not memorable...It is rare to find a restaurant
that not only serves great food but delivers a memorable DINING EXPERIENCE that
the customer never forgets weeks, months or even years later. Wing Lei is such a place! If it is not the best restaurant in Las Vegas, it is definitely in the top five!

On this particular day, my work day ran 6 hours longer than I had anticipated and, quite frankly, I was in a grumpy mood. I decided I wanted to treat myself and go to Wing Lei which is located inside the Wynn Casino. Needless to say, the meal turned out GREAT!

I am one that really appreciates great service! On a scale of 1 to 10, I have to give
the kitchen staff, servers and management a 15! It is great to see such commitment
by the staff when all hell is breaking loose in the kitchen. Night in and night out, they all bring their "A" game to restaurant to serve their customers....and they do an incredible job! It takes a special server to be graceful yet patient under pressure. Most people can't handle it.

On this night, I had the sea bass which was terrific! This offering is one of
Wing Lei's signature dishes... With it, you get three different sauces that added
great flavor to the sea bass without overpowering it. A feat very difficult to achieve!
I also had a shrimp roll. Delicious!

Expect to pay about $150.00 per person. This includes your meal, wine, dessert, tax
and tip. The restaurant fills up in a hurry so I would encourage you to show up a little early (around 6:30pm) to beat the rush so the staff can dote on you!

Richard, the floor manager, is a gracious and cordial host to all his guests.
Tell him Thorp sent you! He'll get a good chuckle!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Great friends happened to be in LV at the same time and wanted to do dinner. Wing Lie was recommended so we decided to give it a try. Interesting cocktails. We tried a variety of dishes to sample. Good food, good service and great friends!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We were at the hotel around 6 pm and had only about an hours time before proceeding to a great show at Wynn theatre. We ordered food, starters and main course, one after the other. The attitude of the staff was superb, offering mini chairs even for our bags!( a very unique service, to me, at least). The quality, amount of food was great, tastes of all different foods we ordered were awesome!. At the end of our dinner, which we finished by an hour time, we were offered an almond cake each for free.
This is my first experience of such a novel hospitality practices in the whole world as far as I have seen.