Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of Palms Place Hotel and Spa

Palms Place Hotel and Spa
Ranked #72 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
CA
“So Sad to have to leave this review.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I am so sad to have to leave my first bad review. :(

I will be honest with you.. I "Won" this room on Hot wire. I am a strictly business traveler for the most part but love the gamble of Hotwire and Priceline once in awhile.

I had stayed here before and the rooms were ok, they tend to give you a Hotwire type room when you get one that way. ( By the elevator, view of parking lot, etc... ) but at least you actually get CHECKED INTO the room, unlike I did!

I had work to do so I did not get to the hotel until 10:00pm to get checked in as dinner ran late. My co worker and I took all my luggage to the hotel with the intentions of taking it to my room, dropping it off and heading out for a drink.

We got there and there was this longish line and we got to the back of it. There were these 4 men at the counter being waited on by a curly headed desk clerk and there was a women waiting on the others. There must have been some issue because the time it was taking was crazy! We looked at our watches and we had been in line for 45 minutes! The only line moving was the girls, but SLOWLY!

We were talking so I did not mind the wait, then I realized it was 11:00! And still 5 people ahead of us. An HOUR to check in? Really? So I went to the desk and politely asked how much longer, and got an exasperated " WHEN I AM DONE!" Hum.. a little rude don't ya think? So we waited 5 more minutes and realized how crazy this was to be waiting this long. So we left. I had to buy a new room across town as I was exhausted by now and just wanted to sleep. Like I said, I go to Vegas 3 times a month for Business ( I'm in the Wine Biz ) and you can bet I will not be staying at PALM PLACE anytime soon!
When I called "Cassandra" to get my money back she argued and said " It is not our fault that you did not SHOW UP! " Well sweet Casandra I DID show up and had someone with me to prove it. You can bet when I am in Vegas next Tues staying at Trump Condo's I will swing by to have a word with your manager. Maybe he can pull up the camera on that Tues and see what I was talking about! He will even see me leave the line and approach the desk oh so politely!

You should reconsider a refund when it is only 113.00 to save yourself the bad press that I am certain to spread with my peers! Not everyone is cheap when they come to Vegas, I spend plenty in Nine and Ghost Bar....

Not anymore....

Room Tip: cant help you choose one if I never got to have mine!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Roadstraveledfar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Love every minute here at Palms Place from the time of check-in during my 3 days weeekend stay. Had tons of fun mingle with the celebrities who I saw while hanging out at the pool, this place is so full of energy and great people and staff is so wonderful. The 1 bedroom suite is superb, nice comfy bed, awesome kitchen with all the amenities in place, the panorama strip view is just so priceless!!! This room easily costs over $500 elsewhere but at Palms Place you can rent it for mid $200 during the weekend which is by itself, an excellent deal.

I love the spa and the jacuzzi room inside the hotel, and the room itself has a big hot tub right inside your bedroom as well! You get to relax and checkout the views and have some champagne or wine while relaxing as much time as you want, you can't ask more.

The walk to the casino side is a short distance trip about 8 minutes. It's convenient to play some poker and head up to the Playboy club. They got a nice food court and Imax theater inside the Palm casino too so make sure to check those out. I will be back in a heart beat!!!

Room Tip: You can ask for 2 bedroom suites and they will have 2 rooms adjacent to each other for you I would g...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eden M, Guest Relations Manager at Palms Place Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Fremont Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share an honest critique of your Palms Place experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the entirety of your stay in your one bedroom suite and that you found your choice to stay here of great value. Thank you for your feedback and we are excited to welcome you into Palms Place patronage. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at the Palms Place from 11/7-11/10 and I was pleasantly surprised. I was looking for a place that is off the strip but still has that "Vegas" feel to it. Upon checking in, the front desk personnel were very friendly and accomodating. I was given 2 drink vouchers for every night of my stay and valid at any Palms Bar.
My room was amazing! I had a standard king size, I'm assuming all of the rooms came with the kitchenette. If you're a lone traveler (like I was) or even with a partner, their standard room is more than sufficient. An upgrade would only be advisable if you are travelling with more than 2 people and you guys want some privacy (It's Vegas after all). Having said that, the suite was clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the full size refrigerator came in very handy when I picked up a bottle of wine and brought home some leftover. There were two thing I love about my room: I had an amazing view of the strip and the distant dessert and the incredible bathroom/shower/bathtub/heaven made of marble!!!! I would have brought that home with me if I could. Housekeeping was also very good, I had asked for extra towels and corksrew bottle opener and they brought it promptly.
Like I said earlier I was looking for an accomodation off the strip so I was somehwat prepared to shell out a $10 cab fare one way evey time I went downtown. It's worth the peace and quiet at the end of the day though. They do have shuttle service, but I think it only runs once a day (I could be wrong). Palms place is connected to the Palms casino via air bridge so it was nice to be able to test my luck on the slot machines and just walk to my room.
I signed up for a couple of spa treatments as well. I thought their spa and fitness center was sufficient. It was comfortable, clean, plush. The only negative thing about the Palms Place is the the $25 fee they charge when you use any of their spa facilities (pool, jacuzzi, steam sauna, fitness center). If you book a treatment (massage, facial, etc.) you don't have to pay; but if you just want to work out at the gym - you may do so with a fee.
The next time I'm in Vegas, I will be staying here again. Needless to say I will be skipping a workour;). I recommend this hotel to everyone who likes a combination of nightouts and quiet relaxation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank adtravlr
Dear New Jersey Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Palms Place. We appreciate your honest and thorough feedback regarding your experience with us, and we are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are glad that you were fully satisfied with your suite accommodations and your modernly appointed bathroom. Our shuttle does run twice daily, but we are in the process of expanding our shuttle service to operate several times daily. Also, our resort fee will soon include amenities such as fitness center access, spa access and wireless internet. Thank you again for your commentary, and we look forward to your future visits.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed there from 2/18 thru 2/22. I had NO COMPLANITS WHAT SO EVER. Me and my Husband had a wonderful time. Especially after being out on the strip all day and than returned to a very calm suite...:) The best part about the palms place is its beautiful spacious suite. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S BED BUG FREE an it's doesnt cost a arm and leg to stay here......

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Hotelier,

Thank you for staying at Palms Place. We are so pleased to learn that you had an amazing experience with us. Thank you for your favorable recommendation of our property and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the property in the near future!

Best Regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I wouldn't recommend booking this resort.... very disrespectful front desk staff that doesn't seem to have the time to accomodate reasonable requests.

Room Tip: Palms Place is overrun by young-uns and seems to be hard to find a quiet place to sleep...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo