US$140
US$270
US$179
Caesars Palace
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$154
US$247
US$239
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$167
US$233
US$189
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$287/night.

US$141
US$119
US$202
US$187
US$161
US$138
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$142
Priceline
18,746 results
All reviewsmasquerade toweroff the stripipanema towervoodoo loungeseafood buffetcarnival buffetpenn and tellerhash house a go gofree shuttlerooms are largeshuttle servicetable gamesfloor to ceiling windowsslot machinessports bookcasinovegas
Reviewed 23 October 2012

An average hotel with dated furnishings. The toilet ran, the marble was chipped, the leather ottoman was worn through and the handle for the window curtains was on the floor. The tv was of poor quality and almost too dark to watch.
Our best experience was with checkin (Kevin, I think). He deserves to be working at a better hotel. Room service was friendly and quick. An added plus is that Penn and Teller have a permanent home at the hotel. Go for the discount tickets which are available everywhere.
My advice: if you can get a good deal (under $80), by all means, stay. Take the lift up to the Voodoo restaurant, take a bar drink out to the patio and enjoy the fabulous view. If you like the club scene, try to score a free pass to the Voodoo Lounge at checkin. It does not open until 10:00pm.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Pros:
Great buffet (albeit the price has risen since our last visit)
Updated Rooms (for the most part)
Sounds of casino floor winning (very important to any gamblers)
Does not take you 15 minutes of casino spelunking to reach the room elevators
No more Timeshare presentation presenters near the buffet
Close proximity to the Strip, and Palms Casino/Resort.

Cons:
Long Check-in line (albeit they offer water bottles while you wait)
No security cameras in Parking Lot

Let me start off by saying that my wife and I have been fans of the Rio for a number of years. They were one of the first hotels to offer 500+ sq ft rooms at regular prices. I have since stayed at THE Hotel, Encore, Trump Hotel, Aria, and Bellagio. The Rio's updated rooms are similar to their older rooms, space wise, but the TV is a flat panel and I believe they changed the headboards. They have also added a Keurig B130 coffee machine for convenience and daily Kcup refills. This was nice! The showerheads are the updated water saving saving saving type. The type where you must stand under the water for 2 minutes to get wet. lol That’s actually ingenious, in that I’m sure their water bill has been significantly reduced.

The TV is pretty dark, so don't expect to watch much TV (I think that was the plan; to get you out of the room and gambling). The beds are too soft for my taste. My wife and I would sink if we wished to lay in the middle of the bed. No biggie if you like a soft bed.

The only damper to our 4 night stay is that on our first night, we parked our car in Lot A (just west of the casino/buffet area) around 9pm. Someone keyed my wife's new BMW. Bow! There goes our deductible, and any chance of salvaging any cost savings from staying off- strip. We did not take someone's parking space, and we did not cut anyone off at or near the property. We filed a report with Rio Security, only to be told that there are no cameras in Lot A, and filing the report is useless since the Rio has a "Park at your own risk" policy, and the report cannot be reviewed outside of Rio Management. We understand the park at your own risk policy as that seems to be standard fare, but no one is going to review the report nor the only visible camera over Lot A (located at the northwest most tip of the hotel tower top floor). We were told it made no sense to review the tower camera footage because “humans look like ants on that camera”. I could not imagine this explanation flying if someone was actually injured or for god's sake, murdered in Lot A. We were told to park in the parking structure or valet to keep our car safer! I can only recommend Rio invest in video cameras for their closest and most used parking lot. If someone is injured or hurt in the future, I would hate to be the Rio Customer Service Rep assigned to explain to someone’s family member that the Rio did not want to invest in cameras for their closest parking lot. For anyone reading this, please park at your own risk!!!!!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod J
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed at the Rio in early October for 2 nights.

Pros: all suite hotel so rooms are a good size, no resort fees, cheap rates

Cons: awful valet parking, most of the hotel smells of smoke, old rooms, choice of restaurants

In addition, when we came back to our room from a trip to the outlets our door was opened. We asked housekeeping if they had left it open and they said no one from housekeeping had entered the room and to call security. Luckily nothing was taken.

We will pay a little extra next time to stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank phenom74
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed overnight on a Tuesday with a friend and got a bit overwhelmed by the massive size of the Rio. It was busy and we could not get our car near the front door to regester so we had to park in the lot. No elevator to move luggage to the lobby so we had to use the escclater. Took 50 minutes to go from parking lot to the lines at regestration. The very affordable room was really nice though the TV was failing.
Went to the Carnival Buffet for dinner and breakfast. Although this is supposed to be one of the better buffets in Las Vegas both my friend and I were disappointed. Overpriced dinner with more than one item overcooked. Breakfast was OK. It seemed that everything we wanted to do was very far away. One could walk miles in these large casinos. On the other hand if you like large casinos the Rio has everything you could want so there is no need to journey to the Strip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mick3327
Reviewed 22 October 2012

In LV i stayed in about 10 hotels. Nine of them were good, but this is the best one. I chose the cheapest room "Deluxe Studio" and this room is clearly better comparing to those from other hotels while price is about the same.

Hotel has excellent buffet, nr 1-2 in Vegas and with total reward card its 48$ / 24 hours. Casino is great and there are many games.

Room was really big, probably twice what I saw in Stratosphere or PH. Big tv screen, safe, bathroom in a little bit old style but still good. I had refrigerator as well, important if you take some beers from the shop downstairs :) Next time I stay here for certain.

Small problem is location, 1 mile from the exact center of the Strip. There are free shuttles from Rio, or you can take taxi for $5. Several times I decided to go for a short walk when the weather was good enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends