“Go Room!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #114 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Go Room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just stayed in a Go Room, and it was fantastic! Very nice room for a very nice price. I love the location right in the center of the strip. I would definitely stay here again. Go Flamingo!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,675)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kennewick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was in Vegas for a food and beverage conference, stayed at the Flamingo mostly because it was close to the monorail, and fairly priced. Yes, the hotel is older, but it has been remodeled since my last stay there.
Had dinner in the Steakhouse which had just opened up. The food was amazing, and the service was superb!
Once again, had a great time in Vegas, it looked like their economy was coming back a bit since last year, I hope it will.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark B
ft lauderdale
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Filthy dirty smelled bathroom not clean towls are scratchy rooms very worn and animals are allowed dirty dirty dirty thinking of getting an atorney to get my money back

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Spanaway, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo for the second time. The first time was a so-so visit but this time, it was great. The room was a king sized non smoking room that overlooked the Bellagio fountain and Caesars Palace. I was a little apprehensive about coming here for the second time but we were offered a deal of $37.00 per night for two nights and comped for the third. I then opted to upgrade to a go room for another $30.00 per night. I was more than pleased when we got to the room. There was a coffee maker and a little fridge in the room. The bathroom mirror had a tv in it. I have to say the hot pink paint in the bathroom was shocking but it created a pink glow when the night lights were on. The room was clean and housekeeping were there all three days. We were in Vegas for the Nascar race, everything worked out great. The Gold Coast Tour bus picked us up at the Flamingo and transported us to the race and brought us back, no problems. We ate at the buffet twice and one time at the restaurant at Flamingo. I have dietary issues with Celiac Disease and also am diabetic but I was able to find things to eat at both places. My husband was pleased with the buffet because he could get whatever he wanted and I was also able to eat and not get sick!!! The gambling was great and I actually won about $300 on the penny slots. Pretty good, I thought. We had no issues with anything on this trip, the service was good, we didn't wait in lines for very long, the food was good, the room was great and clean. I had read the reviews on the Flamingo and have to say I wondered what kind of trouble we were getting into. Some of the reviews were so negative, it makes me wonder if people's expectations are so high that they will never be met. We are already planning on attending the Nascar race next year and will probably stay at the Flamingo because they made everything so easy for us. We also played at the new Margaritaville casino right off of the Flamingo. That place was great, I only wished we had had dinner there one night but the line was too long. It seems to be a place where the younger people go....my husband and I are 59 and 60 and don't necessarily drink so that's why we opted for the buffets.

Room Tip: If you are offered an upgrade to a go room, do it. For us, $67.00 per night was nothiing compared t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Just returned from 4 days/3nights at The Flamingo in Las Vegas. I went with my Dad, his girlfriend and her daughter who just turned 21...kinda a birthday trip for her...I am 35 ;) This was my second time to Vegas (first time we stayed at Treasure Island) When we arrived we waited in line for about 30 mins to check in. It was about 2:40pm so yes technically we were checking in early...we had booked thru Westjet Vacations and had standard rooms...we were offered an upgrade meaning higher floor and queen sized beds vs lower floor and double beds for $15/room/night...pretty reasonable seeing as Westjet wanted $89/person to do so prior to arrival. We upgraded so they 'waived the early check-in' fee...okay, we weren't aware of an early check-in fee...whatever, guess they get you where they can (I've checked this with my travel agent and she was surprised that they would even mention that so close to check-in time)

Our room was on the 19th floor overlooking the habitat, very simple room, nice view, clean. The flooring and beds were updated as well as the armchair and flat screen tv. The bathroom was clean, thank goodness but yes the vent in the shower was disgusting and moldy/dusty. The shower head though adjustable was ridiculous for pressure (I've got super thick hair and need pressure to rinse the shampoo/conditioner) no plug for the drain so bath was out of the question. Housekeeping came daily but was not needed and we didn't have a sign for the door.

All in all a comfortable room for the amount of time we spent in it. The only issue with the hotel was the time share people stationed right at the entrance to the elevator and yes, I know there are hundreds of people passing daily but really do you have to pounce on me every single time I walk by?!

The habitat was lovely, we would sit and have coffee and a muffin in the morning watching the birds and enjoying the sunshine. A wee bit to cold to swim but there were other guests enjoying the pool area.

Staff was friendly, the housekeeping ladies would say hi when you walked by, Larry at check-in, check-out was efficient, friendly and pleasant to deal with. The gals in the gift shop were nice but tried to upsell at every chance they got...overheard 'would you like some cigarettes with your lighter miss?' when in there at one point.

Location on the strip was fabulous. Central to everything!

Would I return to this hotel...most likely not. Not because of the hotel itself nor the service but because there are other hotels that I would be interested in experiencing.

Room Tip: Upgrade both in room type and floor! Facing the strip or the habitat!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends