“Good Strip Location”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #116 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Check in was painless - although there was a Resort charge of $16.80 or similar for stuff you probably don't want or need. We had 2 Queen beds as sharing a room. In hindsight a suite would have been better and more spacious.

This is not the swankest hotel on the strip but the rates are good - especially if you can go mid week, shockingly cheap.

Nice pool, its got a few actually and a tide pool. One point - don't take any drinks to the pool as they don't let them in - pain for those going with yard glasses of alcohol. Can only assume its some sort of concession thing. Pool also has cabans - we were going to hire one as a special treat except they quoted us $800 so we went shopping instead. For the energetic there's a Volley ball area too - nice to watch.

Didn't use most facilities but did go to Brand restaurant - thumbs up. Cafe always seemed to have a queue so we went to Buffet. Not my thing however if you want vast amounts of food after a heavy night for a fixed price go for it.

This place also has an Ice Bar which didn't quite go for but interesting.

Great feature is the City Train or Tram - free train that goes from Monte Carlo up to Bellagio. Which is very handy when you've done enough walking up and down the strip. There is a Metro on opposite side of strip but this costs $5 one way.

Room Tip: Go mid week - ridiculously cheap
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NicWoosh
Write a ReviewReviews (16,439)

Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was our second trip to Las Vegas, and chose the Monte Carlo as we got a great price from their website using a discount code found at smartervegas.com.

On our first trip we stayed at Excalibur and this time we wanted to be in a nicer hotel closer to the centre of the strip - we got what we wanted!

Although maybe not as central as I'd have liked, it is linked directly to Aria both by internal walkway, and by free tram which connects Monte Carlo to Aria and the Crystals shopping centre, and to Bellagio. Using the tram in the mornings and evenings saved a few minutes of walking which is always appreciated in Vegas!

The room was clean if a little dated, but with a large flat screen TV and very comfortable bed. I've heard others say that the walls are very thin, but we never had a problem with noise and slept well every night.

The casino is laid out well and easy to navigate, there are a few dining options although we only ate in the Cafe (above average breakfast), but the pub looked good. I'd also recommend the Cupcakery - very nice!

I would definitely recommend the Monte Carlo to anyone who wants a nice, reasonably priced hotel in a good location.

1  Thank CMCooke
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was my second trip to Vegas. The Hotel is nice, service was great but the room was UGLY. I do not travel to vegas to hang out in the hotel room, however a hotel room is still my home away from home for our time away. Our standard room was akin to a Super 8 motel. It was outdated, clean but I expect more from Vegas. My partner says I am spoiled from my stay at the Wynn. But this could have been a lot nicer!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2011

All that you'd expect from a Las Vegas hotel. Don't get me wrong, I've stayed in better hotels on The Strip, but this was good value for money. In fact, if you weren't in Las Vegas it would easily rate as a five-star but has to compete with the likes of Ceasar's Palace and The Venetian. Pool area was great with a small lazy river to float around. The hotel is in a great location in the centre of The Strip. All I would say, as for probably any hotel room in Las Vegas, on a party weekend like Easter during Spring Break, the walls are a little thin!!! Enjoy your time in Vegas!

Room Tip: Remember to tip the Check-In Clerk on arrival!
1  Thank RedShoesNottingham
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Rooms were O.K. Could use a facelift. Location was Good, but I think I would prefer to stay by the Mirage. More going on. We ate at the buffet in the Monte Carlo when we arrived and were very disappointed. The next day we took the meal plan at the Excalibur. Breakfast was good, but the other meals were not. We got sick! We don't know if it was food poisoning or a stomach virus. We lost a whole day in bed. I'm glad we got sick at the same time. The Shark reef at Mandalay Bay was great, The flower conservatory in
Bellagios is beautiful and the gondola ride at the Venetian was fun. Thankfully there was a great food court in our hotel, because our appetites were not that good. The pool area
was nice at the hotel and the employees were friendly. We went to see Frank Caliendo at the hotel and he was really funny. Also saw Anthony Cool at Paris. Also a great show. If I had to do it all over again,I would not have stayed at the Monte Carlo.