When we arrived to check in, we counted 26 check-in computer terminals, of which only a dozen were staffed, leaving lines of people 10 deep in front of each one. We waited 40 minutes to be processed before we could get to our room. It was late at night and we wanted only to fall into bed. The bathroom sink wouldn't drain, and brushing our teeth and washing our faces was gross and off putting as the sink filled with nasty water. The following morning, housekeeping rattled the door and woke us at 10:00; there was no do-not-disturb sign available to hang outside. However, at 3:00 in the afternoon when we returned to our room from shopping, the maid was in it making the beds.
We came home late from a show, carrying only one key card between the two of us and it wouldn't open our door. We faced another 40-minute wait downstairs at the desks to get help. After our demanding a manager over the wait because of what we deemed an emergency--although they did not see it as any kind of a rush problem, it turned out that they wouldn't help us because that card was not connected to the name on the room reservation, and that necessary ID was locked in the room, which the key card wouldn't open. Get the picture? We were furious, and they were absolutely unhelpful. Finally, a member of the security staff met us at our room door after we had been sitting on the hallway floor for twenty minutes, we in evening dresses and high heels, he watching us struggle to our feet with no offer to help us. He opened the door for us, checked the ID, and went away again. The other key card remained unfixed--we were too whipped after our frustrating hour to deal with it any further that night.
We were changing our clothes for bed at 11:30 when a knock came at the door--it was the plumber! He was there to fix the bathroom sink while we were half-naked, dead tired, and frazzled from fighting with the hotel staff.
The next night, we were awakened at 2:00 by someone trying our door, inserting a key card, and jiggling the door handle. I suppose if our own key wouldn't open it, theirs wouldn't either! We had just gotten back to sleep when a baby down the hall began crying and kept it up for an entire hour! I know this because I kept looking at the clock.
On the night before we left, we called the staff to ask about late check out. We were told we could indeed check out late and we needed to call in the morning to confirm. We called in the morning to confirm and were told that we could NOT check out late.
I understand that the hotel staff cannot help such things as other guests trying to get into the wrong room and crying babies in the middle of the night, but the most serious of our annoyances during our stay had to do with very unhelpful hotel staff who were clearly uninterested in our welfare. It seemed that once they got our money and had us in their building, they lost interest in making our stay a comfortable one and in some instances, even went out of their way to make us miserable. We will NEVER NEVER NEVER return there! :( :( :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino is located in the heart of The Strip, putting you in the center of the Las Vegas excitement. Explore the possibilities with a collection of well-appointed room options including our Deluxe Rooms with their contemporary decor, High Floor Rooms in classic European styles, our relaxing Spa Suites with an oversized hot tub in the center of each room, our exquisite Monaco Suites and Diamond Suites, two elegantly luxurious choices, and the exclusive boutique HOTEL32 resides at the top, providing the ultimate perch to view all that glitters in Las Vegas. The open-air BLVD Plaza located in front of the resort is the ultimate social gathering spot and ideal setting to relax, re-energize and socialize. The plaza features a variety of unique culinary venues and a casual, lively environment. The resort is neighbor to the Park, an immersive, outdoor destination for dining and entertainment, Park Theater, which hosts top performers around the globe and has redefined Las Vegas entertainment with its intimate 5,200 seat venue, and the state-of-the-art 20,000 seat T-Mobile Arena. ***Monte Carlo Resort and Casino is undergoing an exciting transformation into a new luxury resort experience. Guests seeking a pool experience during their stay at Monte Carlo will be given free access to MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay pool complexes, based upon availability. Details will be provided upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Monte Carlo Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Resort And Casino
- Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas
- Carlo Hotel Las Monte Vegas
- Monte Carlo Las Vegas Reviews