Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$181
US$120
Caesars Palace
  • Pool
Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$62
Bally's Las Vegas
  • Pool
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$64
US$22
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$79
17,034 results
All reviewsfood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floortrip to vegasmcbellagio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This may not be the flashiest, but it is one of the classiest hotels on the Strip and the staff is over the top helpful and professional. The room was clean and the view terrific! We had a package through Southwest Airlines and it was the perfect choice!

Room Tip: Ask for high up and on the Strip if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at Monte Carlo in 2008 and my experience was OUTSTANDING. So, I decided to stay here again in August of 2011 and it was not nearly as good. In 2008, we were able to bring water to the pool area and you know it gets to be over 100 degrees every day in the summer. We were also able to bring our own flotation devices for the lazy river. HOWEVER, in 2011, they do not allow hotel patrons to bring in their own drinks OR flotation devices. I wish I would have known that in advance, because I went out of my way to get really awesome floaties for myself and the group, but we were not able to use them. Not to mention the pool area service was much slower in 2011 and the prices for the cabana's have skyrocketed, even though I am a Pearl M Life Member. So, going from bringing your own water, flotation devices and affording a cabana to NONE of that, really is not cool. The hotel accommodations are the same with the exception of the maid carts sticking around much longer throughout the day than 3 years ago. I returned to Vegas shortly after that and stayed at Mandalay Bay and the pool area WILL allow you to bring your own flotation devices and water to the pool. If you are looking to spend a lot of time by the pool, I recommend staying somewhere other than Monte Carlo.

Room Tip: Say in a high floor, the views are great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoeyDunne
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had a very nice room, high up and nice view. It wasn't huge but for two people it was perfect as we were out and about most of the time. The air conditioning was excellent and not loud. Speaking of that, the noise level in hallways and other rooms (and there were many on each floor) is very quiet. So, a basic room with comfy beds, nice view and quiet is just what you can use when you retire for the night. The prices on the rooms, at least when we paid, were VERY reasonable. My only word of caution is that you may have gaming amenities when you check in and if you don't ask about it, they aren't going to tell you.

Room Tip: didn't seem to matter as our friends were on a different floor and they also liked their room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Recently spent two nights at the MC for business and a bit of pleasure. Got a great rate - $50.The hotel is fine in every way - I loved the lack of a theme, the professionalism of the staff, and the size of the casino - very manageable, and fun! The location is great for short walks to NYNY, MGM, Aria, Cosmo, and PH. Good food at The Pub and The Cantina, though the latter was a bit pricey for what it offered. Coffee in the room was bad, but Starbucks is right off of the elevator on the Casino level. Having stayed at Mirage, Bellagio, Harrah's and Caesars in the past, Monte Carlo is right in the middle of that group in terms of preference in the future.
My only complaint is that the walls were very thin. I could hear conversations of the folks next door, among other things. Could have been unique to my room. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I visited the Monte Carlo Hotel over Christmas/New Year again. Some of the reasons we returned to this hotel over choosing another hotel - location on the strip very good, use of monorail between some hotels. Car park is not a million miles away from your room/reception as it is with some hotels. Access to your room from the car park good, again you do not have to trail through a shopping mall or casino to get to your room.

There are lots of hotels to choose from on the strip, and the Monte Carlo is not one of the newest, therefore does not have ultra modern rooms. The rooms however are functional and practical and of a good size. We did pay for a high floor room, and whilst we got the high floor, there was no other benefit, the room was the same as the one we had the previous year on floor 5. There are a few signs of wear and tear, but we were out all day every day that this did not matter to us.

The hotel does have seperate lists depending on what floor you are on, and this does help at peak times.

You can use the internet at reception to check in, they have now blocked the internet to only show the airline sites, you cannot access the internet from here. This was available the previous year as I was able to print off discount coupons.

The hotel has a mexican restaurant which is good, but the service on our last visit was not brilliant, and do note it does close in the run up to Christmas. I had made a reservation on opentable about 4 months before our visit, only to receive a cancellation notice a couple of weeks before our arrival to say the restaurant would not be open.

Hiring a car is a must if you want to get out and about and see some of the sites. We got up early when the strip was nice and quiet and went for a walk. Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood is fab, and highly recommended, as is PF Chang's the chinese restaurant.

Get to the malls early if you can before they get mega busy especially at holiday times.

Food in the Monte Carlo buffet restaurant was OK. Its not expensive as some, and perhaps does not have such a huge selection, but there is plenty to eat, and it does generally offer good value for money.

Yes, would return in the future to the hotel, as I know what I am getting, and it offers great value for money.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple