New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Wyndmere, North Dakota
“Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Good place, nice staff and great price. Will and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Only stayed here one night after vacationing in Tahoe and San Fran all week. Loved the ambiance and was upgraded to a Luxury room by the front desk clerk. Enjoyed the casino, did not win but still enjoyed it. Loved, loved, loved the buffet-can honestly say it was the best I've ever had. Only 10 minutes from the airport and provided a free shuttle which was very very convenient. Would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

There are two parts to my review - Room/Hotel conditions and Reservations/Staff

Room/Hotel
The Room is small. No desk. Beds are uncomfortable and very thin. The corners of the rooms are full of dust and lint. The TV signal shuts off at midnight. The shower head is below my shoulders. The linens were clean. The chairs in the room were horribly dirty and have no cushion in them - like sitting on a wooden frame.
The hotel/casino is avergage. Security at elevators is a plus. I ate at two places in the casino and they were both good food and a good value.

Reservations/Staff
I booked a DELUXE KING NON-SMOKING romm - and had to pay up front for it. Since I had to pay up fromt, you think they would have it for me?? Nope.
They wanted to put me in a smoking king. I said no, so they put me in a STANDARD two-queen room. This room is $10 less on their internet pricing, but I received no credit, even after asking for it. Not only was I downgraded without compensation, attached is a picture out the window if the room they downgraded me to.

There are many better choice in Reno to stay. I was very dissapointed with El Dorado.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AZDAD11
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

SMOKE ISSUE: I don't gamble nor do I smoke so my review is regarding MY room.
I know there are crappy rooms. I was in a non-smoking room on the 6th floor Sept. '11 and another on the 19th floor in Jan. '12. Yes, it smells in the hallway, sometimes. Yes...in both rooms I smelled cigarette smoke for 10-15 min. during a three day stay. I did not complain as I am not allergic.

NOISE: I have never had a problem with noise...it all depends on your room.

EVERY ROOM is Different:
My three night Tues-Thurs room was a high quality SPA Room. Off season, Sept '11 and in Jan. '12. SPECIAL DEAL 55/night...Whatever you are quoted: add 18usd (resort fee, add fee, 14% tx). Still my Tues-Friday Three nights for two TOTAL cost 175usd (divide 175 by 3 nights) IT STILL WAS A GOOD Deal. I was told 55usd for first two nights...and third night was FREE. IT IS NOT. BUT it is STILL a good deal.

I've stayed in their lower quality other rooms in 2001. I can understand the prior bad reviews. But I liked the low cost rooms in which I stayed.

Once I understood their nickel and dime charges (resort fee, etc, etc...13.5% tax)...I know I managed a good deal.

Room service food is great!...served hot and crispy...

THIS Written Sept. 2011: El Dorado Hotel:
Sept 6-9, 2011
Made Direct reservation via hotel, used a special deal offered via e-mail…
I was in Reno in 2001, signed up for their card…often would get e-mail special deals. This is the first one since then that I used.
I was in a spa tub Studio @ 54/night (beware of the added 13.5% tax, 5.68 (now 7usd) resort fee, 2.00 for something else)…parking (valet, should tip or self parking= free) GREAT during the winter months. Due to the promotion: I got my third night FREE for only 25usd total (upgrade to studio 15, Plus tax, resort fee, etc). That is Reno FREE…beware.

I LIKE This casino as it is connected (without going outside….good during the winter) to Silver Legacy and Circus Circus
I have stayed in El Dorado's small rooms…
I really like this hotel…Yet, BEWARE…your warm frig has items DO NOT MOVE or YOU are automatically charged (the only usable frig space is one beer and one sandwich)….Items on the counter (nuts, chips, etc.) DO NOT MOVE or you will be charged. ALL AUTO charged.
YOU CAN FIND Free bottled water in the gym (5th floor) (I'm sure this will change as soon as soon as this is posted) .
Free Internet is ONLY when using your in room TV, I used it…could read my e-mail and news…don't try to reply on e-mail. The room Wifi is approx. 10/day.
The service: front desk, A/V maintenance, housekeeping were great. Car Valet retrieval was slow when not appearing to be busy. Drop off was easy and quick. Now that I know...I park myself and pull my single luggage on wheels behind.
Smoking is prevalent and pervasive…even though mandated by NV. law to only be in the Casino area and specific rooms…the smoking rooms REALLY smell like cigars/cigarette/tipurellos.

Room Tip: FREE internet is ONLY via the TV. Wifi is not free.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LittlePrince1977
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was recently in Reno for the very first time on business. I am a young female and was traveling alone as if that isn't nerve racking enough! I had an unfortunate experience at the airport when I discovered they had busted my luggage and bagged it up in a trash bag, which I then had to drag through the airport to the rental car station. I then proceeded to get lost on the way to the Eldorado Hotel and upon arrival got lost IN the hotel. Tired and flustered,I was greeted at the front desk by a very friendly woman named Dora, who sympathized with my troublesome story and were nothing but helpful. The bell desk manager Sean, arranged for my bags to be picked up at valet after my car was parked and it was then delivered to my room. During my 5 day stay at the Eldorado I was greeted every morning and every evening by friendly security guards manning the elevators and was then greeted every morning by the friendly gentlemen at the valet. I had dinner just about every evening at The Buffet (excellent!) and sat at the bar since I was solo. I made fast friends with the bartender Jose, who was not only fun and friendly but was always willing to call security to walk me back to my room or anywhere else in the hotel I wished to go. I felt very safe at this hotel and even though I was alone, I had a wonderful experience at this here. If I were ever to travel to Reno again I would definitely stay here! This hotel's staff is fantastic! Thank you all for making my stay enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business