“Amazing Decor & Comfortable, Clean Rooms”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My room was spacious, comfortable and clean and I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. I enjoyed the amazing architecture and decor of many areas of the hotel. I would have given a 5 star review were it not for a few things I was disappointed with.

(1) Do not stay in the West Wing if you are a non-smoker. I originally booked a room in the West Wing. Turns out that the west wing is an oddly placed, oddly configured 2 story section of the hotel on the same floor as the casino. Even though the rooms are "non-smoking", you cannot escape the smoke due to the location of the rooms. I ended up having to upgrade by room to escape the smoke. (2) I upgraded my room to a 14th floor tower room for another 20-30 dollars a night. I could still smell smoke in the hallway. But, not in the room. I guess the air just gets circulated around? The staff was understanding and did not give me a bad attitude when I asked for a room change. (3) the safe in my room was locked when I arrived. I had to request that someone open the safe. But, they arrived at my room quickly to take care of it. (4) my room didn't get serviced during 1 of the nights I was there. I didn't find out till around 10pm. I called the front desk to at least have some fresh towels delivered to the room. And they sent someone to my room within 10 minutes to have the room completely serviced. That was very nice of them.

Even though there were some negative aspects to my stay, the staff was quick and courteous in their response to them. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely book a room here again on my next visit to Reno.

Room Tip: Don't stay in West Wing if you are a non-smoker. Stay in one of the towers.
There are newer reviews for Peppermill Resort Spa Casino

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I will preface this review with the statement that my husband and I have been enjoying the Peppermill Reno since the early '80's, through its many incarnations, remaining loyal to the brand even when there was little more than an orange coffeeshop and a grotesque dinosaur structure lurking over a (mostly empty) pool to recommend it. We love it here...it's like our home away from home.

I give Hotel Director David Fuller 10 Stars for his exemplary Customer Service, and the hotel itself an Excellent rating for the atmosphere, the restaurants, the games, the pools, the beautiful Tuscan suites, and the incredibly comfortable beds. Because it's always best to test the competition from time to time, my husband and I have visited Silver Legacy, the Nugget, and the Atlantis one time each in the past year--and our loyalty to Peppermill remains.

My only gripes: The Peppermill Reservation system with regard to customer preferences, the Tuscan Suite Check In process, and the somewhat disloyal Customer Loyalty program need some tending. Minor fixes, though, when you take into account the amazing transformation of the Peppermill Reno from a casino with a coffeeshop (and scary dinosaurs) to a fabulous Resort that shines brighter than a diamond in the stark Nevada desert.

1  Thank SunMoonSea
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I stay frequently at the Peppermill and are never disappointed. I have never had a bad stay. It is peaceful and quiet no matter how full it is. We hope to have many more comfortable stays there.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The best HOTEL CASINO in RENO!!!! Doesn't matter if you are there for a romantic getaway or making it a family affair.....they will accommodate you. My husband and I went there with our 5 kids...and we all had a GREAT TIME. They have a kid's arcade area and it blows away other arcades that we have been to. You can win an Xbox, a Kindle Fire, or a huge stuff animal in the grab, cut, or fit a key in the slot games. There is a game or something to do for all ages. My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 2....we were there for two hours and they didn't want to leave. It doesn't matter if you only have 100 or 200 tickets; the prizes are a lot better than just candy, they have a little bit of everything. We went to Biscotti's to eat and the food is really GOOD. They have miniature burgers for the kids, chicken nuggets, fries....can't go wrong. I got some kind of chicken pasta....like a spicy chicken chow mein....can't remember what it was called but it was good. The service there was great; sat us down right away and asked if we had a preference for booth or table. I was in a deluxe room with 2 queen beds and the beds were soooo comfortable, the pillows were soft and not hard. There was a flat screen TV and the room was spacious and comfortable. We had a great time and I would suggest anyone in Reno should go there at least once...it's now our favorite place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank M0mmyOf5
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I just loved this place! The beds are so comfortable, the room is big enough, the TV even has channels on Chinese! But the one thing that called my attention the most were the very big HD TV's everywhere in the hotel with little videos of different parts of the world. I mean, you could see the Great Wall of China, then Venecia's streets, then New York and so one while eating, playing at the casino or just walking from place to place.
Wait for me next year!