“Some wonderful Mexian food”
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Ranked #112 of 999 Restaurants in Reno
Reviewed 1 June 2017

While visiting downtown Reno we happened upon this little Mexican restaurant. Took a table outside to enjoy the weather and people watching. Neither disappointed! I had the pork enchiladas which came with rice and beans. I added guacamole, yum. My husband ordered the taquitos. The pork in my enchiladas were carnitas and done to absolute perfection. As other reviews have mentioned everything is made from scratch and you certainly could tell. A margarita and glass of wine topped off a very enjoyable lunch. Next time in Reno we will go back for seconds.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I was looking for authentic Mexican food and Antonio's did not disappoint. I visited about 1:30 pm on a Monday. Place was filled with locals for lunch. If you are looking for great, inexpensive eats, this is your place.

1  Thank OlympicPeninsula2
Reviewed 12 January 2017

My family stopped in at Antonios. We were in between lunch and dinner and as we were taking a while to look at the many options on the posted menu, the woman in charge offered us menus and said she would be happy to take our order at a table. While managing the restaurant and, it seemed, helping with the cooking, she somehow was at our table whenever we needed her. The selection was excellent and varied. Food was good and filling. If this restaurant were down the street from my home, I'd be a regular. With respect to the value - for the quantity of food we received, the price was embarrassingly low.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

I love coming here, the family owns and runs the place - great, friendly smiles and accommodating!
They serve my favorite dish, Alambre, that I rarely find on menus in any Mexican restaurant. I order it with mixed meat, chrizo and carne asada, carmelized onions, stir fry peppers, chiles, mushrooms and melted cheese at the end with tortillas.
This is NOT fajitas - it's better and spicy.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We were wanting to grab a quick meal before going to a movie at the theater next door in downtown Reno. We parked across the street (free when showing a movie ticket upon exit) and saw the fancy outside of Antonio's and went itn.

At first we were a bit taken aback as the decor was that of a tired diner. However we put our doubts aside and spoke to some of the other customers about their menu choices and they were uniformly delighted.

The menu has many options at quite reasonable prices, almost too reasonable.

I chose the chicken fajitas and was not disappointed. It was meaty and the peppers and onions were not charred, as I had requested. I cho, black beans rather than re-fried beans. Guacamole was included. Perfect. My wife chose a combination of chili rellano, enchilada, and a taco, with rice and beans.

Although we did not sample the Happy Hour Margaritas, we were assured of their quality by our new friends at the next table.

Been to Antonio's? Share your experiences!