See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Have stayed here several times in the past. Was disappointed this time with the general conditions of the hotel. No breakfast anymore, and wifi and cable were marginal. It appears to be new owners that are working improving the hotel, hopefully they can improve it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Sleep in your car rather than in this dump. When I stayed there there were drug addicts and "working" women hanging around the place. Very thin "blanket" on the bed so had to go out to my car to get my dog's smelly blanket (smelled better than this room) to keep myself warm. Dirty floor and the bathroom was appalingly bad. Worst motel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Barb K
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I booked the room in advance and was greeted with a friendly smile. Vagabond Inn is close to my work, is surrounded by many restaurants of all kinds. The owners are kind and gracious with helping me due to an overextended stay with their kindness. I will stay at The Vagabond Inn for any future work I have in Reno.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This was by far my worst Motel experience. Rif-Raf coming and going at all times day and night. At one point I had 5 of Reno's finest police and detectives at my door searching for a rapist. The ONLY good thing about this motel was the attentiveness of the housekeeping staff. NOT a place for families or individuals to stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

ATTN ANYONE TRAVELING TO RENO:

DO NOT STAY AT THE VAGABOND INN!

Stayed here in May, and had issues with being quoted one price over the phone, and a higher one when we arrived. Decided to roll with it then.

There was no shot I was gonna give them another chance, but my friend who booked the room talked me into it due to the convenience of it being so close to work. We arrive and the same thing happens. So the receptionist says I'll check you in, come back later and discuss it with the owners. Eventually, the owners call us while we're downtown eating, AND QUOTE AN EVEN HIGHER PRICE!

Obviously at this point we are done trying to reason with these people and refuse to get ripped off by these con artists. They tell us to check out. No problem.

We get back to the place, and they've got their whole family there! As if, they felt they needed backup to get us to leave. So, now that the entire gaggle is together, they feel empowered enough to start threatening us on the way out. They would not admit any wrongdoing whatsoever, too stubborn to admit that they could've possibly made a mistake.

It's a family run and owned business, obviously. This is what happens when you have no outside perspective. There's no one to show them what they're doing wrong, not like anyone in the family is gonna have an objective point of view.

Don't even consider this place, unless you enjoy getting ripped off and general annoyance.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business