“All you can Eat and it's really FRESH - - WOW”
Review of Sushi Pier Tahoe

Sushi Pier Tahoe
Ranked #12 of 58 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 5 April 2017

OK, I eat alot of sushi as I travel all over the US. I was skiing at lake Tahoe and thought I would stop in and grab some sushi for lunch. I sit down and they say do you want the all you can eat? My first thought is oops, probably not a place to get sushi. Most places that do all you can eat sushi aren't very fresh or good; however, I was wrong.. The nigiri, sushi were all really fresh and excellent. For $20 I ate for two hours.. Not sure how they make money... Then, one of the sushi chefs brings out this 30 lb salmon and filets it right in front of us... It doesn't get any fresher than that!!!!

There are newer reviews for Sushi Pier Tahoe

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed Chris, our server. He was friendly, accommodating, and attentive. Pretty good food for all you can eat sushi. Worth the cost.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

After a bad experience a few years ago, I as directed to give Sushi Pier at Stateline another try. The errant person was gone and the service wonderful, as it should be. The fish was very surprisingly fresh and "melt in your mouth" great, as well as very flavorful. We went in for lunch, sat at the bar with 2 different chefs on 2 occasions, and both took very good care of us, as did the servers. All you can eat sushi can be a bit of a gamble, but I can assure you, this was a winner! The least expensive sushi experience (except for the times I have eaten lunch at the Reno Sushi Pier), and I got all the fine sushi I could eat! Glad to have made the re-acquaintance, and I will be going back again this week.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

My friend comes to Tahoe every year and loves this place. We came here with him for vacation this year and we had dinner here with a group of 8. The lines can get long here so if you're with a big group it will take time as they don't take reservations.

My friends came and got on a waiting list and it took about 1 hour 15 minutes to get a table but they were friendly.

We all went for the all you can eat special which is about $29. If you don't eat tons of sushi it may be cheaper to just order a la carte. The deal is pretty good as you can pick from appetizers, any sushi from menu and also as much dessert as you can eat.

We ate like pigs. Some dishes were better than others. I thought the California rolls weren't too good. The Philadelphia rolls as well weren't too good. But all the others were fabulous. My favorite was the San Francisco roll. They don't care how much you order as long as you don't waste it. There were some that we didn't eat as it wasn't good but we just told them we didn't like it and they didn't care. The waitress was very friendly.

The "Happy Ending" dessert was really good. Just order it without the strawberry sauce as it's a bit too sweet. All in all a really affordable meal that was tasty.

1  Thank saintba
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Unexpected find. Affordable and good quality all you can eat sushi. Sitting by the chef bar is fun and don't be afraid to ask for off the menu (or secret menu) items. We started with the usual stuff but chef's creations were way better. The waitresses could be more attentive but not enough to damage the overall experience. I highly recommend.