“One of our absolute favorites!”
Review of Shorty's Grill - CLOSED

Shorty's Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We love this restaurant - unfortunately we live very far away. But because we have family in the area, we always come for dinner a few times when we can. The kids just love the chicken quesadillas and my mom refuses to order anything but the "tres colores". I enjoy the veggies and rice. Our only complaint is that Shorty's is just too far away! Please come to South Carolina!!!!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We used to love Shorty's but things have declined over the years. This location , in particular seems to struggle. The décor needs some serious attention. Tired posters in cheap frames and worn out tables and chairs need updating. The awkward seating arrangements in the dining room, too loud barroom music and poor acoustics do not make for a pleasant eating atmosphere. Couple that with mediocre, carelessly presented, overpriced food and it's no wonder this restaurant struggles. Our server was pleasant, prompt and cheerful but I suspect that would be the case regardless of where she worked. Sorry, I cannot recommend this restaurant unless you are out of options and absolutely have to eat out. There are too many other better choices for Mexican in the area.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stopped in here as a family for a late lunch. We were seated quickly and all had Mexican food except one person had a big salad. All of the food was good and there was lots of it. Most of us took doggie bags home. Worth a stop if you like Mexican. If they have other types of food, I like Mexican food so well I didn't even look on the menu.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Came in between events. Grab a beer or two. Nice set up. Staff friendly as well. Will be back when I'm in this area

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I visited here twice in the last month with my husband and with a friend. Both times we were seated quickly and the food was great. Definitely one of the better values around. I love the salads here that come in the tortilla bowls and they have happy hour too!