“Awful service, below average food, and dishonest - has gone downhill fast!”
Review of Shorty's Grill

Shorty's Grill
Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Let me preface my review by saying that I have relatives in the area and Shorty's was always our "go to" restaurant when we returned to Southern NH. We enjoyed it before it briefly became an Italian restaurant, and have even enjoyed it since it came back after that hiatus... But the last time we were there, our experience was awful. We were being waited on by two servers -- one of whom was evidently in training, though we couldn't tell which one -- and ordered lunch. Simple enough? Despite the fact that we ordered lunch salads and even pointed at exactly what we wanted on the menu, we were served dinner salads (which apparently ARE an option at lunch). Upon realizing that, the person who brought the food out promptly took the food back, scraped off about 2/3 of the food, and returned it to us. The lunch items were also from an express menu that promised delivery in 20 minutes or it was on the house. Ours were brought out 40 minutes after we ordered! We were not only charged full price -- we were charged for the DINNER SALADS!!! To add to it, the food itself was very disappointing. Nothing tasted fresh and it was about on par with what we could have bought at Taco Bell. I never like to write bad reviews -- I always try to contact merchants before doing so -- but they did not respond to attempts to contact them by either email or phone. I guess they are doing so much business that they really don't care? But we won't be back after that experience. There are other restaurants in the area that are better and actually care.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

New menu item cilantro, lime gulf shrimp taco in soft shell; served by a young woman who said she was training; When the food was brought to the table it was slide across the table like a hockey puck across the ice and then salsa came flying out and onto the table then down onto my legs; Tomato was anemic considering how lovely the local ones are here; Iceberg lettuce wilted and dry another sad offering again considering how lush things are here right now in New England. The Sysco bulk food suppliers are less than desirable; Very little cilantro in the taco; rice was dry…..

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Always good

We went to celebrate my grandsons birthday. We ordered nachos which are the best in the city. Large portion with a lot of meat sour cream salsa and beans, all the way down to the bottom of the plate. We all ordered different meals. I ordered quesadillas which were also excellent. I will return.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We love this restaurant - unfortunately we live very far away. But because we have family in the area, we always come for dinner a few times when we can. The kids just love the chicken quesadillas and my mom refuses to order anything but the "tres colores". I enjoy the veggies and rice. Our only complaint is that Shorty's is just too far away! Please come to South Carolina!!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We used to love Shorty's but things have declined over the years. This location , in particular seems to struggle. The décor needs some serious attention. Tired posters in cheap frames and worn out tables and chairs need updating. The awkward seating arrangements in the dining room, too loud barroom music and poor acoustics do not make for a pleasant eating atmosphere. Couple that with mediocre, carelessly presented, overpriced food and it's no wonder this restaurant struggles. Our server was pleasant, prompt and cheerful but I suspect that would be the case regardless of where she worked. Sorry, I cannot recommend this restaurant unless you are out of options and absolutely have to eat out. There are too many other better choices for Mexican in the area.