“Might try again”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Fun place for a gathering with friends. Food was a little disappointing, cold fries always turn me off. I was however not happy with the service. After being seated we waited a bit before someone came over to take our order even though others seated after us were already getting their drink items. Interesting menu but I found it a bit limited. I had the crispy chicken sandwich which was very good but the burger arrived cold as if it had been sitting under the lights for a while.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Hubby and I went here this weekend.
I had the crispy chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries.

The sandwich was deeeeeelicious. The chicken was huge, did not taste fried because it was not greasy at all, super tender.

The sweet potato fries are addictive. They are super shoe string, but they were awesome!

The bun is lightly grilled, buttery and fresh.

Had a nice fresh slice of tomato and and lettuce with a sliced pickle.

For what it was, it was awesome.

My husband got the steak tips. He loved them as well, but likes bigger fries.

Our waitress was awesome, very sweet and attentive.

Beer was super cold and plentiful selections, albeit a bit pricey.

The food was very reasonable, so it evened out.

We will def. go back. I want to try the burger.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank gracebaymay506
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

A local pub with indoor/outdoor seating the River Road Tavern is a good place to watch sports on the 4 or 5 tv’s they have as well as enjoy some good pub food. The menu is somewhat limited but they usually have 3 or 4 daily specials and all the food is good. Personal favorite is the generous Kobe burger. They also have a good supply of beers, bottled and draft, with frequent tap takeovers to add to their selection of local and craft beers. The bartenders and servers are always friendly and do their jobs well. The only negative I have is there is only 1 dessert. But it is a serving of their own mini donuts which are delicious. I highly recommend RRT for a casual dinner or Saturday afternoon beer and burger.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank William D
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

A wonderful casual fun pub! Great beer selection! The burger I had was excellent very lean meet & cooked to perfection! My wife had a Caesar salad with chicken was very good. The servers Lara & Billy were very friendly & helpful.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Friday night, without reservations, we were still able to secure a table in this very busy tavern. It felt a lot like a British pub - bustling, noisy, but very warm and friendly. We ordered a lot of food and a variety of brews.
Thinking that a sandwich would not be enough food, I also ordered the mac 'n cheese side at the strong suggestion of one of our party. I was told that the dish would be garnished with Cheetos, but I ordered it anyway, so strong was the recommendation. The Cheetos were overwhelmed by the cheese in the dish, so they added little more than a satisfying crunchiness to the texture - very nice. The side was easily enough for two; it was enough for four to have a small serving. All portions were generous.
Service was well above average - the staff is friendly, helpful, and even a little playful...
In Bedford? You should go.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to River Road Tavern? Share your experiences!