“One of the few places open this past Sunday afternoon”

Out of the Ordinary
Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 23 April 2018

It has been a long while since I went back to Out of the Ordinary. This is only because I don't get over to Pleasant St. very often. I just wanted a good tasting hamburger. I got a great Swiss, mushroom burger at Out of the Ordinary. The onion rings had too heavy a breading for my taste but they were okay. This restaurant is small but people come and go quickly. The prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Two of us started with small onion rings, very nice. I had the large turkey grinder with provolone and thousand island, fresh soft grinder roll, very good turkey and provolone, tasty thousand island. A small side container of extra thousand island was seventy-five cents; I am more accustomed to such sides being gratis. My wife had the two chili dog special very good, stuffed with chili, with a large portion of very good sweet potato fries.

The clam chowder is a great buy: our friend had the 'cup' of clam chowder. Well, it was not only flat-out excellent but the 'cup' was a full-sized soup bowl and only 3.99, it was a meal in itself.

The service was friendly and attentive but slow as was the delivery of the food. It wasn't a terribly long delay but I feel I have to mention it. Balancing this out the total tab for the three of us including three large sodas was only 36 bucks and we ended up taking home many of the sweet potato fries and half the soup. So the portions are large and if you order carefully I am sure you can get two meals out of each entree.

We will be back.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

There is nothing out of the ordinary at Out of the Ordinary. Even the home cooking menu is just that and not in ordinary.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I found most restaurants in Claremont closed, as it was a Monday. We lucked into finding Out of Ordinary cafe. He enjoyed the taco salad. My spinach salad was delectable. At first I was disappointed that the poppyseed dressing was not the usual recipe I’m used to (not as sweet). But I adapted, especially because the salad was so chock full of pecans, strawberries, mandarin oranges and dried cranberries. I loved it. My iced tea was disappointing, too strong for me.
Service was great, despite being there at a busy time. The server gladly brought me water to dilute the tea.
The final touch of two mints was a nice surprise as well

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Out of the Ordinary is just that. Wide variety of food to choose from and I have never been disappointed with any choice I've made. Service is good and often times the owner will stop by your table to make sure everything was to your liking. Great taco salad, nachos, or pasta. My friend had the fish sandwich as was very pleased. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

Been to Out of the Ordinary? Share your experiences!