All reviews the barn saco river cookies fresh muffins family cabin loft room apple butter north conway hot tub main building continental breakfast busy road anniversary weekend nice stay comfy bed home fries new england
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I really enjoy this hotel. Great location to the Saco River & shopping. And all the other attraction in the area. The staff is friendly & grounds are very nice. Great pool & hot tub. I’ve stayed in the hotel once & the cabins the 3 other times as we bring our dog. This year we had a total of 3 cabins for everyone. Ours #510 had 1 bed & pull out sofa. Now where things go a bit south. We shared a cabin with my parents, granted it probably wasn’t he ideal situation but at $219/night we should at least be able to sleep. The bed was so soft we had a sore back, it’s shaped like a V so you try not to roll in the middle & have to sleep on the edge. The sleeper sofaI’m sorry but you could have something a bit better. If you haven’t slept on it I urge you to try it some night & let me know if you could use it for four days and had to sleep on it every night how you would feel every day. I meant to buy a few new ones or even just get some memory foam mattresses. I’ve worked for a luxury hotel chain for 11 years I’m familiar with the industry & if you sleep miserable your vacation isn’t nuch fun. Also the ac doesn’t seem to cool it down enough when it’s 99 degrees outside. If would do the bedroom if the door was shut but not living room/kitchen.
As I mentioned I love it there & prob will cone back but you have got to do
Something about the bed in 510. And the sleeper sofas in 509,510 & 514. And any others you have if they are like this. I’ve stard in 2 other cabins and the beds were great.
Great breakfast in the morning! I did call & ask if they had a bed board but they didn’t. Anyway I am not writing this to deter ppl but hopefully to urge you to fix these issues! And this place would be perfect!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Customer S, Front Office Manager at Merrill Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank You for your 4th visit to the Merrill Farm Inn. We agree that our location one of only two hotels in North Conway with River frontage, the second being our sister property The Saco River Motor Lodge & Suites is great for swimming and tubing. Area attractions are a short drive up the White Mountain Highway. Sorry that you didn't like the sofa beds in our cabins. We find that mostly children use them, but will take a closer look if the mattress needs replacing. Hope to see you soon for visit 5!!!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The Merrill Farm has a very relaxed Setting, next to the river Banks out of packed downtown but near enough.
The rooms are a bit outdated but nice and clean.
The barn Restaurant is convenient with delicous local food. The Service could be better trained.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Customer S, Front Office Manager at Merrill Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank You for your wonderful review, and we hope that we have earned your trust for a return visit the next time you are in the White Mountains!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Merrill Farm Inn was the perfect location for a river tubing adventure....right on the Saco river. We booked a loft room and were told it could accommodate 3 adults and 5 children. Upon afternoon arrival, however, we discovered that the room had 3 queen beds, so a roll away cot was needed (additional charge of $10). The kids wanted to sleep together in the upstairs loft, so one ended up on the cot matress on the floor (the roll away was too heavy to carry upstairs!).
During check-in we were given information about the property and amenities. It would have been helpful for the desk clerk to inform us that the hot tub requires a reservation.
Our room was clean and comfortable, the air conditioner worked great, and having 2 full baths was helpful with 8 girls! The loft room was located upstairs from the restaurant and the breakfast buffet included in our package consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles and homefries. Food was hot, coffee was good. Surprisingly, there was not a tray with fresh fruit or cereal options.
We were ready for the transport van at 9am outside of the main entrance, however it did not arrive until almost 9:30. The trip up river was about a 20 minute ride to Fryeburg, ME. I was disappointed to discover that we would not tube past the Inn because two members of our party had to stay behind and had hoped to see us on the river. The river was a bit low, and floating time was about 3 hours. I recommend water shoes!
Afterwards we visited Diana's bath natural waterfalls in Bartlett, NH (15 min drive from the Inn). The falls are located .6 mile (easy flat trail walk) from the parking lot ($5 fee) and worth the trip if you have the time.
Back at the Inn we had reserved a table for dinner at 6:30. We arrived promptly at 6:30 and were seated and given dinner menus. Our package included "BBQ dinner per person", but there was no BBQ option on the menu. Our waitress had no clue as to what the BBQ dinner package was and had to check with another staff member. She returned to advise us that adults had the choice of a pulled pork sandwich or baby back ribs, and children could choose either chicken tenders or a cheeseburger. We weren't thrilled with our options, but the kids were hungry and the restaurant was filling up, so we went with the choices given. Potato wedges were were delicious, burgers were OK but served w/out cheese. Overall a good time was had by all and adults agreed it was a trip we'd do again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank You for your complete review. We are glad that you chose the Saco River Tubing package online, unfortunately we do not control where you go to float down the river. That is decided by our partner river company and also determined by where the water is flowing the best! We certainly mention the hot tub procedure at check-in but will consider making a statement on our hand-out regarding reservations. The next time that you stay with us consider a "Large Loft" with a second bathroom and a fourth queen bed. The BBQ dinner is new to the Merrill Farm this year and we will certainly do a better job training staff! Thanks again!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

second time we stayed at Merrill Farm Inn. This time even better than last. Stayed in a cute cabin by the river. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was awesome especially Bill. Breakfast buffet was ncluded in our rate. Highly recommend and plan to stay again next year on our annual motorcycle journey to the White Mountains

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Customer S, Front Office Manager at Merrill Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Hello, and thank you for your excellent review! We hope to see you on your next trip to the white mountains

Thanks again ~ Bill

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Merrill Farm Inn has 3 parts, the main inn, hotel and cabins. I stayed in the hotel part. When I arrived, check in was smooth. They explained all where everything was, breakfast etc. I was there for 3 nights. It is on the main road but off it enough that the noise from the cars is not bothersome. When I arrived to my room I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, in fact it may have been recently done over. The bathroom was sparkling clean. It smelled clean. The best part the beds were comfortable. The grounds were nice. We also had a big flat screen TV! Not sure of the size but much bigger screen than you normally get. There was a slider door to the back where there was a fire pit and chairs. Breakfast was buffet style, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries and waffles one day pancakes another. Coffee, juice and toast if you wanted it. We skipped breakfast the last day as we were on the road early. They had a pool (outdoors), sauna, hot tub, game run including a pool table, TV and books and games. Although not enough to lower my rating of this inn, the pillows were flat although they gave 4 per bed (I usually bring my own), you could not get into the hot tub unless you got a special card to get in from the desk, I did not use and found this out the next day. I guess I found this odd. One the first day our trash in the main area was emptied but not on the second day. They have a tiny ice machine in the main part of the inn. You cannot fill coolers although they did let me fill my very small cooler (2 scoops). With a place that big a larger ice machine is essential especially if they are busy. I wished I had been able to see the inside of a cabin as I was contemplating staying another time for a week. The outlets and all the best of North Conway are down the road. Maybe 2 miles max. All in all it was an excellent place to stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Customer S, Front Office Manager at Merrill Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank You for your kind review! You described our property so well and it seems like you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your return visit.