Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$163
AscendUS$163
Hotels.comUS$163
PricelineUS$163
FindHotelUS$163
TravelocityUS$163
All reviews fire pit coffee machine outdoor seating lemon water great hotel continental breakfast whipped cream off the highway handicapped accessible recommend this hotel great coffee king suite lobby area pleasure of staying large room enjoyed our stay stay there again
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2020

Staff was great helped when times were tough and place was clean. Staff was friendly and they all loved our dog jaxx who is a service dog to my boy friend and was a lil wierd sometime cause of this whole covid virus and 2nd floor being closed off but overall a great time

Date of stay: June 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
tanja Grindl, General Manager at The Garrison Hotel & Suites Dover-Durham, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Thank you for giving us a try! We know that you have many options here in Dover NH and we are tremendously happy you picked us. Being a dog friendly hotel that is staffed by dog lovers is something that really sets us apart from the other hotels in town!

It is good to hear that we were all you expected and more!

Everyone here is working hard to create experiences that inspire you to continue visiting us.

We hope you make us part of your traditions and we have the privilege to serve you for many more years to come.
Know that we are here to serve you and will always try our best!

With hospitality
Tanja Grindl

Reviewed 4 October 2020

Cons: There were long-term "guests" here which in of itself, is not bad. However, it felt more like we wer staying in a boarding house than a hotel. We could smell strong sigarette smoke odor continually in our room. The front desk clerk said this was due to the vent system? Second, the neighbors in our surrounding rooms were noisy all night long and this disturbed our sleep. We could here yelling and swearing. This is not a luxurious or even acceptable hotel. It was not cheap to stay here and definietly not worth the price. Also, we were the only guests we encountered that were wearing face masks. Pros: Good location, as it was close to highway and restaurants and downtown. The shower was modern and very nice. The suite wa roomy.

Room tip: Get as far away from the smoking area as possible.
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Debby E

Let me start by thanking you for staying with us. I know you have many options for lodging in the Dover-Durham area and because of informative guest reviews like yours we here at The Garrison Hotel are able to monitor and improve our policies and procedures to not only provide you with a guest experience you expect but one in which you deserve.

Hotel buildings throughout the world are potentially high-risk buildings because of their design and high concentration of people. In addition to not being familiar with their surroundings, we as hotel operators have to know that hotel guests vary greatly in physical condition and ages, therefore it is important that we follow strictly our policies and procedures. I would like to personally assure you that our entire team is trained for various emergency situations including and not limited to: bomb threats, fire evacuations, sudden weather changes.

We have a dedicated and hard working staff with an impeccable reputation regarding room cleanliness and public safety and we go above all the guidelines in preventing the spread of Covid 19 as suggested by the CDC.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly here at the hotel so that I can take care of your reservation details for your next stay with us.

I look forward to hearing back from you and I look forward for the opportunity to provide you with a superior and memorable guest experience.

Warmest
Tanja G

Reviewed 25 September 2020

Stayed for a weekend with 4 people in 2 rooms. Receptionist was very friendly and Covid rules were clearly posted. Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was a grab and go due to covid but worked out fine. Nice area in the back to sit with chairs ad firepit. Overall a very nice experience.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed 14 August 2020

Spent 2 nights in August at the Garrison. Moving my daughter into nearby Apartment for Grad School. Hotel easy access to Town only about a 5 minute drive which was nice. Located just off the main highway so a bit noisy as my room located on that side and kept me awake (between that and the AC - which is fine - I personally need more quiet). The hotel is marketed as boutique but I feel it was once a mid range hotel (ie Quality Inn etc) and rebranded and the lobby was refurbished to make it so) All Covid restrictions were adhered to which is great but makes for a bland stay at any hotel, not just this one - The lovely lobby was not able to be used - The outdoor seating and firepit areas as well. The pool was drained. There was no breakfast except maybe a takaway bag. The coffee available was only in your room which was a sad old drip pod coffee maker. There was no housekeeping which I failed to realize (they did tell me and give me a notice upon checkin) so when I came back to the room the second day late I called the desk for towls and garbage bags (and a hairdryer as there was none in the room). So all in all it was FINE but traveling now is not as it used to be and will not be for some time. The rates are the same but the services and amenities are not - so be aware that travel in the time of COVID is not as it once was - A Clean Room a bed and quiet are all you need for a hotel stay these days - so shop the rates.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank mystic401
tanja Grindl, General Manager at The Garrison Hotel & Suites Dover-Durham, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your choosing our hotel.
I would like to apologize that your stay was not better.
Guest feedback is important to us, and we use it to constantly improve the guest experience.

The Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels is a collection of unique, boutique inns and hotels that reflect the charm and characteristics of their local area. We are not your typical `box` hotel, and we certainly do not try to be! We aim to provide a local, personalized experience of our lovely town and most of our guests really enjoy this aspect of our property.
I can assure you that your room and the hotel was designed by a professional boutique hotel interior designer team, and absolutely nothing remains from the former building.
However, I respect that it was not to your liking, and for that, you have my most sincere apology.

During these uncertain times of the Covid 19 pandemic it is our main focus to follow all State and Corporate regulations.
Please know that as hospitality employees we love nothing more than to see guest utilize all amenities to the fullest, it saddens us to have a beautiful large indoor pool empty, our fireplaces shut off, no lawn games available, cereal buffet nights gone, wine and cheese grazing boards not possible at the moment or waking up in the morning to our fresh brewed coffee beverages out of our Jura X9 machine along with a local and healthy breakfast.
We also want all of this back but during the current times we have to be remain positive and hope that everyone stays healthy, that is for me and my team the most important daily task, to keep guest, vendors and employees healthy.

We sincerely hope you will consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Dover so we can help make your time here as special as possible.

With Hospitality
Tanja G

Reviewed 9 July 2020

Stayed here for two nights in order to do some sight-seeing. The hotel is easy to get to and much nicer (for the money) than those in nearby Portsmouth. Room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable; staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend making the drive to stay here. The area is scenic and so lovely.

Date of stay: July 2020