“Very "local" place with limited menu, but will try again”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kelly's Country Store
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Farmington
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We'd driven by this place several times and finally decided to try it out for a late breakfast / early lunch. It was a bit startling to see through the windows that it appeared to be a convenience store with a lot of tables in the center, but we went in anyway. Yes, seems to be very much a place where the locals hang out, as many times folks would walk in and be heartily greeted by others. We experienced nothing like what some other reviewers commented on: being stared at, not great service, etc. It was fine.

Very limited menu, but if you're into breakfast, they serve it all day. Hubby went with the giant blueberry pancake, three eggs and a side of bacon. I went with the BLT and hand cut fries. Got our food within a good amount of time, and we gasped at the size of the pancake. Yes, they say it's dinner-plate-sized, and they weren't kidding! Hubby said it was very good, but he simply could not finish it.

My BLT was pretty good. I'm sure there are ways you can jazz up a BLT, but sometimes you just want a BLT. The fries were quite good. I actually had to force myself to stop eating them.

It was a very easy-going atmosphere, but I'm sure others may be put off by the decor, or lack thereof. They also have a wood stove that I'm sure they fire up when it gets very cold out.

I'd recommend. If you're traveling to or from Winnepesaukee and are hungry and want simple, good foot, watch for them on the outskirts of Farmington on Rte 11.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

went there to try them out. Sat there 20 mins to get drinks all the while 3 other couples and a party of 6 came in and was waited on before us. Very upsetting and disappointing. It seems they cater to their regulars first????

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Kellys one of our favorite local places, breakfast all day , food always fresh and plentiful. Homemade everything from bread to fries ,fish and homemade chowder on Friday, prime rib once a month. Kelly and her crew are pleasant, relaxed atmosphere nice for all ages and the new updated kitchen is a great addition from the previous setup . Enough tables for quite a few . Also has beer now.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This place is a multi-generational family favorite. It was a place my husbands' grandparents frequented almost everyday. The staff is wicked friendly. They really go out of their way to give you great service, great food, and leave with a smile on your face. We have not had a bad meal here, ever.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Kelly's is always a great breakfast place. service is good and everything we've ever ordered has been wonderful. We haven't tried the seafood yet but we will.