“"Bedbugs By The Sea" is a much better name.”

Breakers by the Sea
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Hampton, New Hampshire
“"Bedbugs By The Sea" is a much better name.”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed there for 4 nights last fall. I stayed in room #3. Don't stay in that room, it's infested with Bedbugs. I woke up with red welts all over my arms and legs. It itched like a mosquito bite x 20. I took blankets off the bed and sure enough I saw a few scurry away near the pillow. Place is filthy. Found beer bottles under the bed, The top of the fridge had about 15 years worth of dust and dirt on it. Place smells like mold. What a scum hole. White trashy dirt bag people running the place....oh yeah and they still owe me 150 bucks. Hope it burns down.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank Joshua H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
mass
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed here one night because we were going to a show at the casino ballroom and it was one of the cheapest I found (if you call $130 cheap) and the room was awful. I didn't expect a lot because overall I don't think Hampton Beach is a nice at all but I figured it was just one night. The room had an awful smell of cigarettes (headache the whole time form it) lock on the door broke, no bathroom sink so had to brush teeth in the kitchen sink. The bed has springs sticking out. I am glad we only stayed here one night and can't believe I paid that much for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah5767

Travellers are raving about these Hampton hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I've been going to the Breakers By the Sea for the last 3 years for a vacation, and I always get nice rooms. There always clean and I am always very pleased when I leave. I always stay 1 week and the housekeeping is always great. I never have no complaints. I'll be definitely coming back next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa M
Rensselaer, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We booked from Friday- Monday, left Sunday morning with losing our money. the room was horrible, filthy, dirty,disgusting, the worse place we ever stayed. We were afraid to touch anything. Had to by clorox wipes,pillows and a sheet set. took the blanket and comforter off and put it in the corner...was petrified of bed bugs. drank the first night just to fall a sleep, ok weas having a couple anyway it was vacation,but drank several more due to the condition of the room. Told the owner when asked why leaving early, that the room was horrible and the bed was disgusting. REPLY 'WE NEVER HAD ANY COMPLAINTS' what a joke wish i read these reviews first.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank roxy32164
BOSTON MA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

WHAT A DUMP!!! At check in they couldn't find a key to our room...so they gave us the "housekeeping" key and told us they would change the lock and get us new keys. Well they did change the locks...while we were out....AND THEN THEY WENT HOME!!! When we returned to the room WE WERE LOCKED OUT!!! There is a note on the office door with "emergency numbers" that no one answers. Took till midnight to get someone to let us in. They also tell you they have reserved parking......other people park there and the staff won't make them leave...both nights we had no place to park. The second day we were there "housekeeping" left our door unlocked all day. The rooms are dirty....we went out and bought cleaning supplies and made the place habitable. Do yourself a favor and find another motel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family