Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 29/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$143
FindHotelUS$143
TravelocityUS$143
All reviews new england continental breakfast clam chowder hampton beach haddock nh seacoast
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020

We stayed overnight the end of October 2020. We found a traditional old style hotel that was well kept and clean. It was extremely affordable and had a nice "To Go" breakfast. The highlight was the attached "Old Salt Tavern". We thoroughly enjoyed the service of bartender Jane and the conversation of the local bar patrons.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

This is a must-see restaurant and experience. The entire place is dripping with history. The staff is incredible and the food truly great. I’d never been in before, but I will return soon. Try the clams and the desserts are to die for.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Runner8888
samantha bowley, General Manager at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2020

I used to visit Lamie's tavern in the 1950's and 1960's with my grandfather, and so decided to stop as I drove past a few days ago. It was well set up for COVID safety procedures, with tables outside under a bit tent, widely separated, but nicely appointed. Apart from the setup however,. the experience was nothing short of mediocre and unremarkable. I ordered an iced tea, a glass of water, and the friend haddock sandwich. The haddock portion was relatively small, with a very meager amount of cheese with virtually no taste. The French fries were good, but the sandwich itself was rather disappointing. Being a native New Englander, I know fish very well, and this was not the best catch of that day. .What disappointed me most was the iced tea being served in the bottle from a Coca Cola-branded company, not homemade,. as one would expect from the price. Furthermore, instead of receiving a glass of water, I got a bottle of water, from the same Coke-branded company. I had no desire to engage the waitress on this, as she and another young man were doping a reasonably good job, and probably had no say in the matter anyway. The two very young hostesses however seemed bored, distracted, and more interested in their phones and a bit of chatting with each other than in serving guests. I know that we are in challenging times, but good service and a good meal are pretty basic, especially at "Summer on the Seacoast" prices. It was relatively fast, well located, but I will not be back.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank CafeEuropa1900

Thank you for dining at our restaurant and for taking the time to write a very detailed review. We are pleased to hear that you are continuing a tradition of visiting Lamie's and we will pass your comments on to our restaurant management. It must be said, that the pandemic has been a true challenge for the hospitality industry and we have spent countless hours working diligently to protect our customers, staff and community while maintaining our small business. We know that eventually life will return to normalcy and we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future as we have for decades!

Reviewed 28 June 2020

Myself and another couple stayed 2 nights at the rustic in and ate at the Restaurant, old salt.

The location isn't directly accessible to Hampton Beach via walking, but to be fair that isn't an issue, as long as you show up to beach parking at an early time. But you are far enough away from the beach that the rowdy crowd do not bother you here.

Parking is plenty and easy to access. Due to timing of our trip, seems like we were among the few staying here.

The hotel is historic, being built 1740's, and while that does mean that it may not host the newest, the grandest amenities, it provides a nicely furnished room, plenty of seating in halls (not useable at moment) and really comfortable beds.

The staff seem to be a fun and likable group, the male front desk check in was full of information and pointers on arrival. The continental breakfast was swapped out for an array of grab and go items.

The Old Salt, even if you are not staying in Lamies Inn is worth a stop, highlight of my meal being the New England Clam Chowder and the Key lime pie.

This may be quick to be an annual trip for my friends and family, will hopefully be back soon.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 189Captquint
samantha bowley, General Manager at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2020

We would like to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write a thoughtful review of your experience. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2019

Friendly staff and full array of amenities. Rooms have microwave and fridge, good heater (important as I stayed in November), shampoo, conditioner, lotion, fast WIFI, room was spacious enough, small bathroom but big counter top, free coffee and tea all day and night in the lobby, and full service restaurant. The early-bird specials from 3-5 pm are very good and filling for just $15.99. Stayed here two nights on a solo road trip of New England. Bob at the front desk was very friendly and told me about many points of interest in NH and northern MA. I also appreciate that free breakfast is served from 6-10 am to accommodate those who either want to eat extra early or sleep in. Bob even told me it was ready around 5:30 am as I was up early drinking coffee and chatting with him. Restaurant server Marcia was very friendly and super efficient when I ate dinner on the sports-bar side of the restaurant. No complaints whatsoever, would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank cnb757
samantha b, Manager at Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience here at Lamie's Inn & The Old Salt. We pride ourselves on being a "home away from home" for our guests and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will visit again soon!