“"A travelers gem"”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

This Chinese restaurant is becoming a traditional stopping point on the trek up to see my parents in NH and on our way home. It's just a short 5 minute drive from the 91 and located in the historic town of Hanover.

It's a very good Chinese restaurant and their Chinese Eggplant in Garlic Sauce, Broccoli in Garlic Sauce, and Vegetable Chow Hu Fun is excellent. General Tao's is decent but not the best I've had. We tried their sushi once too and it was really good.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this restaurant and town. Though next time we are going to give the Thai restaurant across the street a try.

2  Thank TheDarkAngelofLove

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The Orient has some of the best sushi ever! I love the Orange Roll, spicy salmon inside, topped with fresh salmon outside. For Chinese the Steamed Salmon with Spicy Black Bean Sauce is fantastic! There's so much food that my husband and I can share this meal.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Food was quick and service was good. Don't know if they had anything to drink besides water, since the waiter never asked. Ordered the amazing chicken, it sadly wasnt amazing. It was tasty and surprisingly spicy but nothing to rave about.

2  Thank Nate M
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We've had delivery twice because its 1 of 4 (that we know of) restaurants that will deliver to our house. The food is pretty good, not spectacular. Prices seem pretty expensive to me for Chinese delivery but that seems to be the norm in this area.

2  Thank AmericanMama3
Reviewed 26 October 2015

The restaurant's location is conveniently located in downtown Hanover. The menu selection is average or slightly above average in comparison with the Chinese restaurants in the U.S.

If you really appreciate authentic Chinese food, you can ask the waiter or waitress to give you some suggestions.

The quantity of each dinner dish is smaller than what you may expect from a typical Chinese restaurant. That is the reason why I did not give it a better than average rating.

1  Thank CYC918