“Yummy Indian, but lacks the kick!!!”
Review of Jewel of India

Jewel of India
Ranked #19 of 39 Restaurants in Hanover
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We ordered Chicken Tikki Masala and Dal Makhati with garlic na'an bread. Everything was delicious. However, I ordered the chicken tikki "hot," but it lacked the punch I expected. I had to send it back for additional spice. I did come back with some kick, and the server stated that I needed to order Indian hot next time....which is not the case at other Indian restaurants. So, if you like a definite kick with your indian dish be sure to order Indian hot or you'll be disappointed.

The na'an and dal were absolutely delicious... We were just passing through Hanover; however, if we return, we will surely visit the "jewel of india" next time around.

1  Thank Johnny G

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

So grateful that Jewel of India exists in the small town of Hanover. This food is good for the soul. Lovely atmosphere, with white Christmas lights in the outdoor seating area, and comfortable indoor space as well.

1  Thank ericatoews
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

It's too bad because I was so pleasantly surprised when I found an Indian restaurant in Hanover and I really really wanted to like it. So the place is kind of small and not much space to move around but it has some charm. Then comes the food and be prepared for a shocker. If you have been to good Indian restaurant, the food served at Jewel of India will probably make you have convulsions. It's THAT bad. They have all the ingredients to be successful, they just need a new chef!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

It has great Indian breads for sure. Other dishes fine but not great. I'd rather do takeout just getting the bread and making my own Indian dishes. Slow service when you eat in.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

If desperate you can go hereabout the food is really not very good and the service is variable.Our friends thought it was better than did but were not impressed either.