“Not just steak!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I work nearby, so am often at Jesse's for after work drinks and appetizers, or for an actual meal. The food here is great and there is both indoor and outdoor seating to choose from when the weather cooperates. Oddly I've never had a steak here, but have had great seafood and vegetarian dishes. They have an extensive salad bar than can serve as a meal in itself. And they aren't kidding when they say the salad bar includes peel and eat shrimp - it really does. And there's no limit! Entrees come with a choice of sides, but do yourself a favor and have the organic brown rice - it's much more delicious than the description would indicate! Prices are reasonable, though the seafood entrees are priced a bit higher than the others (I don't think this is terribly surprising, and I've found the seafood to be good quality).

Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Thank you so much for dining with us and sharing that we have many options on the menu. It's a great thing for people to know! Our seafood prices are a bit higher, but it's because we are buying fresh seafood daily. We thinks it's worth it. The brown rice is purchased at the local Co-op. It's from Lundberg Farm in CA. We make it with our own vegetable stock and fresh Thyme which adds quite a bit of flavor. There's been discussion about changing it up on the next menu, so it's nice to hear your comments. I will be sure to share them at our next menu meeting. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Jesse's Steak and Seafood

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Great steak and amazing clam chowder. Definitely worth a stop. I sat at the bar and enjoyed a drink with my meal. The sangria was pretty tasty too.

Thanks for the great review, Sylvia! Our chowder is made in house and our secret ingredient is fresh littleneck clams. It was a long process with our owner (taste tester) to get this recipe dialed in. I'm sure he will be filled with pride to hear that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

My husband and I stopped here for dinner. We were here one other time prior and thought it was ok. I ordered the salmon dinner which was very good. He ordered the filet mignon which was just average. What really turned us off was watching the food runner prepare the dishes to be delivered to the tables. We were seated right in front of the food prep area. While watching I saw him a couple times touch food with his bare hands but the worst part was when he shook a bottle of some time of dressing or marinade by placing his bare finger over the open tip and proceeded to put it on someone's food. If this is what's going on out in the open, I'm concerned with what's going on behind the scenes. Because if this, we'll pass on a third visit.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this important feedback. I'm very sorry that we failed to properly train one of our team members and that this bare hand contact with food was observed. Since reading your review, we have changed the storage of one of our sauces so that it can be stirred with a ladle instead of shaken in a bottle. It was poor planning to have used a bottle for a sauce that separates. We take incredible measures to ensure that food is properly handled in our restaurant. There are many risks associated with handling raw or undercooked fresh foods as we commonly do at Jesse's. We buy all of our ingredients from reputable vendors and inspect all products before they are received. Every salaried manager and supervisor in our organization is certified by ServSafe. Every team member must pass a food handling test before completion of training. We check our food for quality and proper holding temperatures twice per day. At our daily pre-shift meeting we discuss a food safety topic for ongoing training. Our health inspections are public record and I would encourage you to check them out at the Hanover Town Office and compare them to other local restaurants. I'm confident that our standards for food quality and safety are among the highest. I'm hopeful that you will give us another chance. One of our team members made a mistake and we have taken corrective action. We're grateful that you shared these comments and hopeful that we will see you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Food and drinks are consistently good, menu changes seasonally. Unlike other venues "in town" they have their own free parking.

Thanks for the five star review! We appreciate that you choose to dine with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Jesse's is definitely one of the more popular restaurants in the Upper Valley, and I've had some good food and drinks there. Steaks are the specialty, and they also get fresh seafood in everyday, which is nice because we're in western NH on the VT line, so not exactly close to the ocean. It's a big restaurant...and that might be the problem.

The past two times that I have been there, we have had problems with our order. In July, we waited forever to get our entrees and when they finally arrived, they were lukewarm, as if they had been sitting on the counter without being served. The server at first tried to deny it, but then he took all our entrees back and the manager came out to apologize. To their credit, they redid all our entrees but it certainly prolonged our evening.

The last time I was there, we were a party of three. Two of us ordered the exact same entree, with exactly the same sides. When the entrees arrived, two of us got our entrees and we expected the third to arrange shortly, which was the duplicate of the entree I ordered. We waited and waited and nothing. We finally got hold of our waiter, and he profusely apologized. Once again, the manager came to our table and said that the 3rd entree would be expedited and would be comped. He also offered us a free round of whatever we were drinking. So, all in all, they 'fess up to their mistakes, but wouldn't be better not to make the mistakes in the first place?

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, Brian. I'm very sorry that your two most recent experiences have been below our standard. Although I'm happy to read that our managers have made an effort to recover during your visits, you are absolutely correct that it would be better to not make these mistakes in the first place. I assure you that we have high standards and typically execute service with minimal mistakes. The restaurant is large, but we have a wonderful and experienced team. Please reach out to me if you are willing to dine with us again. I would enjoy personally looking after you during your next visit. I'm confident that we can win your patronage. I sincerely hope to hear from you. tony@blueskyrestaurants.com