“Awesome ”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This place was suggested by the inn we stayed at. We were so glad we listened. A great old barn converted into a great restaurant. This place had the best food and great entertainment. Had the pulled pork and it rocked.The Staff were super friendly and the service was fast. We sat with a great view by the window and had some great music from one of the many musicians that play there. Myself being a musician and a lover of great food had the pleasure of enjoying a great evening here with my wife. We will definitely be back here next time we visit jackson.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

First time diners to the Shovel Handle at the end of the ski season. Food was ok but pricey. Kitchen must be a distance from the tri-level barn dining room because chowder arrived cold. Might be worth another visit during ski season next year.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Our second visit to the Shovel Handle and once again very pleased! We both had the Seafood sauté with lobster, scallop and shrimp. It's not a very filling meal but very tasty. You get 2 of each type..served with some rice and a spoonful of vegetables.
After a full day of skiing we decided on one of their fabulous desserts! The triple chocolate cake with ice cream did not disappoint! It was a huge chunk and I had to tell my husband to slow down and enjoy every bite because the chocolate was so decadent. Sinful but so rewarding after our day on the slopes!
Great ambiance with the Sunday eve acoustic guitarist!

2  Thank WhiteMtnskier
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Great live music, friendly bar staff, and great atmosphere. Definitely recommend visiting and is attached to Whitneys Inn, which is a great place to stay if skiing Black Mountain.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We stayed next door at Whitney's Inn on a night where there was a major snow storm so we went mainly for the convenience. I believe this is a popular place for music as well as eating but the band could not play that night due to the snow. We had no real expectations and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. I had steak tips and my wife had salmon. Both were delicious. Price was reasonable so I will add this to my list of good restaurants in the northern White Mountains. The setting is a bit basic being the interior of a large barn.