All reviewscarriage housesalt boxindoor poollog cabinsugar housedining roomthe pubnew englandnorth conwaymain buildingfire pitwet barthe cottagesthe polar expresswhite mountainsbreakfast was includedsanta's village
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Our family group (4 adults, 2 kids) stayed at the 'Livery Stable' cottage for two nights over the winter holiday period, and really enjoyed all aspects of Christmas Farm Inn.
The cottage was well-heated and comfortably-adequate, with soft comfortable beds; the two young girls slept on the fold-out double bed, with no complaints. They also had a great time in the pool, while their parents worked out in the small gym next door.
Breakfasts were a highlight, with a range of delicious dishes and drinks, complemented by the friendly, speedy service. We also booked for dinner one evening, however thought that it didn't quite measure up. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael B
CFIManager, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Farm Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Michael, thanks. We like hearing that you were warm and comfortable. We regret that the dinner did not completely satisfy and hope we get another opportunity to improve on your experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We brought our grandchildren, 2.5 & 5, along with our daughter and son-in-law for the Polar Express Weekend. The children had a fantastic time, as did we experiencing Christmas wonder thru their eyes. This made the weekend a success.
We stayed in a spacious cottage on the property. For the price we paid, I was unpleasantly surprised at the condition, cleanliness and deferred maintenance of the property. The exterior of the property was in need of a big "hug." The inside had "yard sale" furniture and a heating system that we were unable to regulate. Hot one minute and freezing the next. I understand we were in the woods of New Hampshire, but thought the accommodations would be much cleaner and far nicer for the price tag of $1900!
The polar express train ride was a hit! The barn party with Mrs. Claus was cute. The buffet food was nothing to write home about, but the kids loved reading a story with Mrs. Claus and getting a signed book and gift.
We at two dinners and a breakfast at the restaurant on the property. The food was not very good, to say the least, and the prices were steep. (Only the breakfast was included in the price.) Most meals were $25-$30 plate. More than enough food, but everything was covered in heavy sauces. The service was very, very slow. One morning we decided to forego our "already paid for breakfast" to go somewhere else because the service was so slow.
Needless to say, we will not be returning to the Christmas Farm Inn. We will, however, do better research to see if another Inn in this area offers a similar Polar Express Package. That was worth every penny!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank apeck2017

apeck2017, we're sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with every aspect of your Journey to the North Pole experience. It is a very popular package that always sells out. Thanks for letting us know where to focus on improving.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We loved loved loved our stay! Not expecting luxury so we were not disappointed by our room or the establishment. That being said our room in the Salt Box building #19 North Star (Superior King + Twin daybed) was clean, comfortable and large. We had an electric fireplace, tv, and a sitting area. Perfect and roomy for us (hubby & me). Breakfast at the on-site restaurant is included with table service and order from the extensive breakfast menu-I had an amazing breakfast every morning + yogurt and muffins while you wait for your hot breakfast. The restaurant is AMAZING and a gourmet treat - so good that we had dinner there almost every night. It was my birthday and there was a truly yummy box of truffles chocolates with a sweet note to greet me when we got to our room-I was touched. Our server sang me an enthusiastic happy birthday song on my birthday at dinner. Staff at the Inn and restaurant are warm, friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about our 5 day/4 night stay. We absolutely loved it!

Stayed: December 2017
3  Thank locomputers
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary here. Nice touch with sparkling cider and note in the room when we arrived. Nicer touch was that we had our own quiet area and table in the dining room for dinner.

Nice room overall. Very comfortable bed and appointed nicely. Some structural things are tired though. Dirty screens, old, dripping paint around windows,etc. These things seemed minor to us because EVERYONE at the Inn was gracious and truly hospitable. Very good guest service.
And wide selection of tasty breakfast options which are included in the room rate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lat70
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Our local Lions chose to have our annual Christmas Party here. It was $39, per person. Atmosphere was great in "the Barn". High ceiling, large propane fireplace looks like real wood burning. We had a very nice cheese and cracker tray to start. Drinks were cash bar- OK but not strong drinks. We chose 2 options: turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy (and green string beans for those that didn't request "no veggies") which my husband said was very good. He would have liked more gravy...the lady across the table asked for some and received it. Bob asked if he could have extra gravy also please and the waiter never responded. I had the steak tips with mashed potatoes and green beans. There was no choice in wanting them "medium rare"- you get what you get. Mine arrived with 4 large mushrooms on them. I passed the mushrooms on to the lady beside me. two of the steak tips were pink in the middle and very good but the other 2 were cooked throughout and very dry. I begged that lady for some of her turkey gravy to make it better. There really needed to have some sort of gravy available for us. The green beans were quite crisp- many of the older people did not eat them because "they're not even cooked". Apple crisp for dessert was excellent.
We had a traditional yankee swap with our presents under the probably 25 ft high live tree. They had Christmas music playing for us but we asked them to turn it down because the president started to talk and welcome everyone (21 people) and we couldn't hear her and I was less than 5 ft away!
Beautiful tree, beautiful room. Great place to be able to walk around and mingle with others. Seating was well done with all 21 around the tables set up into a big rectangle. I never checked out the restrooms!

Room Tip: we just went for a holiday dinner not to stay overnight
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends