Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel(Keene)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$60
US$125
US$105
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

All reviewsboutique hotelparking garagemain streetfront deskhistoric buildinghigh ceilingsthe lower levelsecond levelmiddle of townstreet noiseno elevatorgreat roomroom was largerestaurant next doorlocation is greatnew englandtwo story
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Our stay at the Lane Hotel was a mixed experience. The recently refurbished hotel was excellent in terms of decor & fittings, very upmarket, nice, but other little things stopped it getting a top rating.

Firstly, the noise of the in room air con units. We were given a street facing room with resulting streeet noise. However it was the room air con was that was so noisy we thought that it was faulty so asked for another room. Got a back room this time and the room air con was only slightly quieter. However it was still too noisy, so much so, that my wife went and slept on the floor near the door, just to get away from the noise. Now, you shouldn't have to do that when you pay top $.

The room price included breakfast, however it was extremely poor, so the hotel lost points on that. Recommend eat breakie in one of the several cafes close by.

Staff were nice and pleasant, however, not being locals they did not have any knowledge of local points of interest.

Room Tip: Ask for back room away from street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jacko582
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great hotel in a perfect location right in the heart of a beautiful town. Staff very professional and rooms were modern and spacious.
However, we couldn't help feeling that this wasn't the ideal hotel for a family.
For a start there was no bath in our room and the beds were really high. Our younger daughter (aged 3) actually fell out of bed one night and we were lucky she didn't seriously hurt herself.
The complimentary breakfast of coffee and pastries went down well with mum and dad but there was no juice option for children and most of the seating available was of the high stooled variety.
We also suffered an unfortunate incident with our daughters' dolls. They were tucked up in bed while we wandered around the Pumpkin Festival and when we returned (post-maid service) two were missing - presumably folded up with the dirty sheets and sent to the laundry, but this was no consolation to a pair of little kids!

Room Tip: Probably best to look elsewhere if travelling with small children
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mart291076968
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We're happy we stayed at The Lane Hotel. We loved our room, and the hotel's location can't be beat. The staff was friendly - we met at least 4 different front desk clerks during our 2-night say and they were all prepared to help when we had questions.

We had a 2-level room - the first level was a very nice sized living room with a large television, full bathroom, closet and desk. The second level had the bed, a second large television, a second bathroom with shower and closet. There's a Keurig on the desk, which is a nice touch, since I've heard horror stories about in-room coffee makers. I would have used it if I'd had a takeout cup or my own mug.

The reason I've only given The Lane 4 stars, however, is noise. We were lucky to be on the second floor, away from elevators and stairs, but we could hear the hotel guests staying in the rooms on both sides of us. In one room, the guest talked nonstop until after 2AM (I felt badly for her companion who only replied with one-word answers - and yes, I could hear him, too.) The guests in the other room had a big gathering around 5PM, but went out after about an hour and we didn't hear them again after we returned that night. We didn't complain because we really did like everything else about the hotel and we were only staying 2 nights. If we were set to stay for a longer period, we probably would have said something about the noise.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whiskeyrd
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Visiting son at college everywhere around full, thankgoodness as we got the chance to stay there for two nights. Huge room clean and simply dressed comfortable. Staff very professional and helpful breakfast is rubbish go to Lindys diner. I understand hotel has just been refurbished and there is more to be done restaurant next door ect so breakfast may improve. Keene and all its delights on your doorstep.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sharon638
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I had booked this hotel due to the nice reviews from trip advisor. The room was large and decorated nice. I was a little surprised when I took a shower later on in the evening to find two dirty used wash cloths in the shower. I dismissed this and thought someone missed these two wash cloths, one was hanging high across a bar attaching the shower glass to the wall, the other wash cloth was in the soap dish and matched the tile.

The next day we went sightseeing and didn't come back to the hotel until 10:00 pm to find our room had not been serviced. We called the front desk and they ran up fresh towels to our room and told us they were taking $ 25.00 off our room rate. I was a bit taken back by their lack of attention and started to look at the room's cleanliness. There was dust on the tables and desk. I have never stayed at a hotel that had this lack of service and thought. For a boutique hotel, I expect an even higher level of service than a standard hotel. I was extremly disappointed.

Did they have a bad day?

Room Tip: Facing the street was very noisey.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple