“On the road stopover ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I've spent a good deal of time in Lebanon NH but limited my cuisine to the 99 or other larger chains since I was never around for too long. Today I decided to take the time to stop and smell the seafood.

Charming decor to a non local greets me as I am ushered to my table for one. I'm embarrassed to be alone but I'm driving to meet my wife. Anyone who has read my reviews knows she is celiac and this would not be the place for her. Aside from that her anaphylaxis to iodine / shellfish. When the Kath's away, the me will play... with seafood.

First I had skins. Potato, not other things. They were quite good but lacked something which was quickly solved when I sprinkled on some pepper and used the sour cream.

I ordered the fisherman's platter; clam strips, shrimp, scallop balls and haddock all breaded and fried. One note visual for sure but that's to be expected - same breading on all of them by the taste. That said, the shrimp were fresh, the haddock was light and perfectly cooked, the clam strips were good but not really my thing. The little scallops were amazing; I could eat them by the hundred. AMAZING.

Their tartar sauce was pretty Heinz and I really didn't like the cocktail sauce at all but I think that was more me than it.

Good service - quick and friendly. I'd come back again but could never bring the wife because I love her too much to have her suffer in here.

See you on the road!

There are newer reviews for Weathervane Seafood Restaurants

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Wen I'm craving seafood I go here. Nothing fancy but you know when you go to weathervane you are gonna get good reliable service and a great meal for a good price

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I have eaten here a number of times, but this was just awful. I waited several minutes for the waitress to make an appearance, then I ordered an appetizer and my main meal, the waitress said she would put the appetizer in first, and they both arrived at the same time..may the waitress was having a bad day, but I'm guessing this is her normal way. I will really have to think twice about coming back

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

I am a born New Englander living in Kentucky. I love seafood and especially crave fried whole clam dinners. Something I can not get in Kentucky. Was in the area visiting and dined at Weather vane. Food and atmosphere was great! Clams and oysters I had were perfect.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

We had lunch today at the Weathervane restaurant in West Lebanon, NH. The staff was very pleasant and efficient, there is plenty of parking. My favorite is their fried clams!!