“Supper one night, lunch the next!”

Portland Pie Company
Ranked #33 of 428 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2016

My wife and I ate here while attending a function at a nearby hotel at the recommendation of a hotel clerk. Great tip! You can choose from five different doughs for your pizza, calzone and some sandwich breads. There are also several sauces and various cheese blends. I had a calzone with the beer dough crust, sautéed mushrooms and onions and roasted red peppers. Best calzone I ever ate. It was washed down with a pint of 603 Brewing Winni draft beer. My wife had the Fryeburg Fair double burger in a pie pocket made from the pizza dough, with cheese lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles. She was very happy with it. Our waiter was very friendly, patient while answering menu questions and making suggestions and congenial. He said to come in tomorrow for lunch and we did!
For lunch we shared a thin-crust basil dough pizza with ham and pineapple. It was very good.
My only suggestion to make this place even better would be to go a bit heavier on the toppings.

2  Thank aablodgett

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

This place has out of this world pizza in all varieties. Big beer list and killer sandwich options. Choose your crust. The gluten free is best we've tried

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in the midst of a road trip. We were seated quickly and greeted with friendly service. Good options on the kids menu. Great variety of pizzas and they must be good because I watched lots of them get picked up by customers. Enjoyed my salad. Would recommend for a fast break.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We went for trivia on Tuesday night. It's a lot of fun if you like trivia.

Anyway, I ordered a 10" dead river pizza. It was fresh and hot. It paired well with my flight of seasonal beer samples. I also had a captain and coke, which wasn't very strong. I'd stick to beer.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I had the orchard pizza; my wife the one with steak. Both were delicious. Seems people have different preferences on what makes a great pizza. The crust here is not mushy in the middle, and there is very little oil on the pizza. When my wife had her leftover reheated, she actually liked it even better because the crust was a bit more firm. Our favorite pizza is Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza as a point of reference for the kind of pizza we like with the crust; we would still put that above Portland Pie, but this is very good, and we would come here again if back in the area.

They have vegan cheese, though I went with mozzarella, and requested they go light on the cheese (about 1/3 of normal), which they did perfectly - better than anywhere else I have made this request.

Been to Portland Pie Company? Share your experiences!