“Great Family Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meredith
Clearwater Campground
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Spent a weekend at Clearwater Campground with family and friends. Clean decent sized sites. Wash houses were well maintained. Lake was beautiful, nice clear water. Kids had a blast riding bikes, swimming and paddle boating among other things. Like the fact that quiet hours began at 10 PM. The owners do a great job of maintaining the campground and creating a fun family atmosphere. Looking forward to a return trip

Room Tip: Cabins are available with A/C and galley kitchens for the less rugged.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

I go each year it is so fun you can go swimming in the lake and also you can play pool too it is so fun!!!

The worst part about it is the buggy field but thats only in the morning and night

The pond is cold but its a good place to swim and the the dock, you can fish there

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I found the campground online, looked over the home page and called to make a reservation for a cabin for a father daughter weekend. I explained to the person that answered the phone that my daughter and I would be riding up on a motorcycle and we were looking for a place near Lake Winnipesaukee. When we arrived, we rode up to the office, went in wearing motorcycle gear, checked in and rode off to the cabin. A short time later the manager banged on our door and informed me that motorcycles were not allowed on the property. I was surprised since I mentioned it on the phone rode right up to the office and never saw it mentioned on their website. He called the owner to ask for an exception but said no. They insisted that I park the bike in their overflow lot which is at the opposite end of the camp used for boat trailers. So each time we went somewhere it was a hike with helmets and gear through an unlit maze of camp streets at night. After looking over their website I finally found an inconspicuous mention on the cancellation page about motorcycles.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had spent Labor Day weekend here and it's the worst place I've ever been to. They cater to seasonals, and the attitude from the employees is unbelievable. When I got here, I asked for a particular cabin, they gave me attitude and said no, then hung up on me. Then I had called back and asked where my other family was staying, they weren't giving out that information. There's nothing wrong about telling where family is staying. NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TinkelBeI
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I recently spent a week at Clearwater Campground. After having read so many glowing reviews, we must say we were somewhat disappointed with our experience. First, the good things. The campground is clean and well maintained. There is a nice beach, and we liked our campsite.

However, we chose this campground, in large part, because of its location on Lake Pemigewasset, and were looking forward to doing some kayaking on the lake. When we made the reservation, we asked about accommodations for kayaks, and were told there were racks where we could lock our boats. However, when we arrived, we found that the racks were almost entirely full with boats left by seasonal campers (none of which seemed to move while we were there.) The first time we took the boats out, we were told we could not use the actual boat launch (which apparently was reserved for motor boats, although there were no signs to that effect), but were told we could launch from the mucky area abutting the boat launch. Once the boats were in the water, there is no place where a kayaker is allowed to pull over temporarily on shore to rest for a few minutes, swim or to use the rest room. The only option is to carry the boats over to the racks, lock them up, and walk back over to the beach area. Further, there were no rest areas adjacent to the beach. If you are on the beach and need the rest room, be prepared for a significant uphill walk. (Which makes me wonder how many of the kids using the beach bothered making the hike versus just using the lake.....) Also, the rest rooms are completely closed for one hour in the morning, and a half hour in the evening for cleaning. Unfortunately, I developed a gastro-intestinal infection during the trip, so these closed periods proved to be an issue. I appreciate the cleaning, but this is the first time in 30 years of camping that the restrooms have been completely closed for extended periods every day.

In addition, the staff insists on following their rules, period. Other campers we met were Canadian, and wanted to rent a boat slip for their skidoo. The campground requires a fee for the slip, plus a cash deposit for the dock key. The cash deposit is placed in an envelope and returned to you when you return the key. Okay. However, the Canadians did not have any US currency on hand, and were not allowed to submit Canadian currency for a dock key deposit. Thus, their skidoo had to be stored on their campsite and towed back to the beach whenever they wanted to use it. I could understand the campground's reluctance to accept foreign currency if they planned on depositing the cash, but since the physical currency for the deposit was expected to be returned, this made little sense to me. Likewise, the 2-car per site parking rule is rigidly enforced, even when there were multiple sites surrounding ours that were unused. This campground is primarily filled with seasonal campers, and we were just generally made to feel as though non-seasonal campers were barely tolerated.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family