“Dirty!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meredith
Clearwater Campground
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We camped here a few weekends ago. My husband and a friend had camped here a lot as kids. Unfortunately it wasn't anything like they remembered!! The campground lost power after a storm on Saturday, no big deal, but no one came to keep us updated at all on how long till we would get it back, etc. But the worst part was the bathrooms. They were nasty! The toilets kept over flowing (I'm talking 4 different occasions!) and the bathrooms themselves were so dirty. The showers look like they have never been cleaned. I get that it's camping but when the 9 year old has to be convinced to get into the shower because its so dirty.... When we brought all this to the attention of the staff their response was "Oh that's too bad". Helpful

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Jillian C

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I find the campground nice. Most people are easy to work with except for when you are on the beach. I find that Dee in the store enjoys intimidating the children and adults with the way she talks to them. They may also want to consider having quiet hour be 11 pm and 10 pm. Customer service training may be appropriate for beach staff.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank pimplebutt
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We have been camping here for years...great kids activities and relaxing for the folks !Friendly staff and great location ! Beach and indoor pool cover all weather fun. Great value for the money, fairly quiet after dark,real family feel, close to fireworks at weirs beach and do not forget the drive in movies !

Room Tip: cabins are clean and cozy...campsites are large and mostly level
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank mauramailloux
Reviewed 19 May 2016

my dad brought me here in 1969 i was 10, i returned here in early 90 to resume camping , i camped a whole season in 1995, i moved to Louisiana in 2000 and started bring ing my son about 2004, i keep a pop up and jeep in CT at my moms . this is a wonderful place , quiet , great lake , beautiful sites. im getting ready to make my 2016 reservation. Yes seasonal campers are 90 % of their business, and they are sticklers on rules but this is why the place is in such great condition . great place to relax . I love Clearwater , a lifetime of memories for me

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank btv0513
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I imagine if you are a seasonal camper at Clear Water you probably love it here and that's ok but if your just passing through or looking to stay longer this is probably not the best choice. The campground sites are not private in anyway. There are trees and plenty of shady sites but nothing exceptionally beautiful . This is just your run of the mill place. If you are a seasonal you probably don't mind being right under your neighbors nose because you have been camping here for decades and you all know each other. However if you are a new visitor you may feel quite un-welcome.
I would suggest to the owners just make the place seasonal and get it over with. You can see new visitors feel un-welcomed and awkward so save yourself and potential visitors all the grief and discomfort.
On a positive note it seemed to us that the seasonal campers really enjoy it here.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family