Sunapee Lake Lodge
Fairway Motel(New London)
Rodeway Inn(Claremont)
Great 4.5/5
    View Hotel
    All reviewsski areaaccess roadstate beachroom was cleanarea attractionstoilet paperegg sandwichcontinental breakfast isminute driveveteransnhsoapsmountproximity
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 October 2017

Clean, beautiful room with great location to area attractions & restaurants& friendly staff.Did not know this area at all & was pleasantly surprised at the value of this hotel. Highly reccommend. Loved it! Beautiful property.

Room Tip: Can't see how you can go wrong here & try the restaurant next door. FISH & CHIPS!
    • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 28 September 2017

Was there for a wedding at Mt Sunapee. Extremely close to mountain. Hotel required a 2 night minimum which proved very costly since we only wanted to stay Sat but had to stay Fri and Sat because of hotel rules. Rooms extremely average for the price charged. Lighting terrible. Very dark in rooms. Room was very small. Bathtub difficult getting in and out of. Surprised to see at least 4 handicapped grab bars in tub. When we went to take showers realized why they were there. You had to step up to get into tub. Tub floor a little slippery - good thing bars were there! Then when done with your shower you had to take a large step down to get out of the bathtub. A bit scary. Had my my elderly parents stayed there they would have had trouble negotiating this step. Horrible toilet paper and very small and thin towels.

I will say Matt at the front desk was great. Good with directions, helpful ordering pizza and with WiFi, overall nice guy.

Hotel next door to Salt Hill Pub which was convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking firepit in the back can get very noisy if there's a large group out there.
    • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 5 September 2017

My family stayed at the Sunapee Lake Lodge for a wedding in the area. The staff was so accommodating to all of us. The pool was heated and just perfect. The continental breakfast was perfect. Coffee 24 hours was great. I would recommend this Hotel if you are ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
    1  Thank valpak1966
    Reviewed 24 August 2017

Recently my husband and I took a spur of the moment trip to New Hampshire during the second weekend in August. We had made no plans in advance and knew that we might have a problem finding a place to stay since we were there in the height of tourist season. We found this hotel on our GPS that used to be a Best Western, but is now the Sunapee Lake Lodge. It was on State Route 103 near the lake and a tavern called the Salt Hill Pub Shanty. The motel does not have lake views but it is located in a pretty area and is quiet even though it is not far from the road. The rooms were not fancy but clean and comfortable. There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room as well as free wi-fi. The wi-fi signal was very slow however and not good to use for streaming video. There is a flat screen television that did not have much of a selection for channels which is why we were trying to stream video. The breakfast was a very basic continental breakfast but they had a waffle maker, so we were happy with that. The staff was very friendly and helpful and helped make our stay very pleasant. The cute, village area of Sunapee is on the other side of the lake but it is only a 10 minute drive away. We were happy to have found a decent hotel at the last minute on a weekend. Don't let all the cars in the parking lot fool you when you drive towards the lodge as many of them are there for the pub.

Room Tip: We think having a room on the second floor was more private and quiet.
    • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband, son and I stayed 3 nights at this lodge. This is a no frills hotel with average amenities. The breakfast was okay, but the coffee horrible for two avid coffee drinkers. I feel that I've had better complimentary breakfasts in chain hotels, but then again, there are not many of those in this area of NH. There were a few things consistently overlooked in our room. For example, the conditioner and body wash dispenser in the shower was never full even after housekeeping had visited. There was a leak coming from under the toilet somewhere which made water congregate frequently on the floor of the bathroom. Finally, one of the two beds had a gaping sunk in area in the middle of the mattress which made you feel that you were sleeping on a slope. Admittedly, we did not complain as we just spent as little time as possible there due to the confined space and lack of stuff to do on site. There is an indoor pool which people seemed to enjoy, but it's in a small area. I was looking for somewhere to lounge and read outside my room, but there really wasn't any unless I sat on the ground outside. All in all, I felt it was a bit less than average, but the location is great since it was right near the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest away from the lobby are quieter.
    • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family