“Fun Weekend”

Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights recently when my son got married at Mt. Sunapee. Overall we enjoyed our time there. We loved our suite - 2 bedroom loft. It was very pretty and lots of room though not sure I'd call it two bedrooms since the loft bedroom is open to the living room below so not a lot of privacy. It was very late in the day that room service came to clean rooms and we were back by then and getting ready to go out so we just had them leave us some new towels. The next day we were off to the wedding in the afternoon when they came and they had not given us new sheets which we didn't mind for us but my sister was coming to stay in a bed that my daughter had slept in the night before so that was awkward. But overall we loved our stay there! The beds were comfortable and everything was clean and net. The biggest concern that bothers us was my husband forgot to pack up his little speaker that goes to his phone there and so it got left behind but when we called they said it hadn't been turned in. We know it was left there on the little desk off the dining area so it seems that housekeeping must have kept it. I was $130 speaker and he loved it so that was a bummer plus doesn't leave you with a warm feeling about the place.

Room Tip: Lock up valuables and don't leave them behind.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2017

A very relaxing environment. Large, comfortable suites, a very nice indoor and outdoor pool/hot tub area, and I particularly liked the large bar/lounge/fireplace space where I was able to enjoy a glass of wine and appetizers on the outdoor deck when I arrived late in the afternoon. The Spa was very accommodating and fit me in for a nail polish change, and did a beautiful job. The entire staff were particularly helpful and friendly. I had left my car at my friend's house after the party I attended and had gotten a ride back to the resort, and when I checked out the next morning, the owner actually drove me back to my car which was a 15 minute drive. During our drive, we realized we were from the same town in CT, same high school and even knew some of the same classmates and teachers!! An overall wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We've been coming to Mountain Edge Resort for a long time. It's in a great location- near Mt. Sunapee Ski Resort in the winter (and the Adventure Park in the summer) and Lake Sunapee- and other lakes- in the summer.

The rooms are all suites with a kitchenette. Don't expect high fashion here, though.

The problem is that the place is getting tired and work doesn't seem to have been put into it in a long time.

2 years ago the lap pool was "broken". It still is.
2 years ago the outdoor hot tub was "broken". It still is.

Probably they are inaccessible because the owner doesn't want to install an ADA swim chair lift.

The grates in the pool area are rusty. And some of the pool towels should be downgraded to rags- since they are frayed and torn.

OTOH, the staff is very nice and responsive. There is a nice book swap area, with a lending library of DVRs, also.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iris B
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent time and experience at the mountain edge resort & spa. They were in every way helpful and professional. Our room was was clean and up to date, and we loved the local area there was lots of stuff to do and see. We'd definitely go back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank william-woollet
Reviewed 1 July 2017

The resort is a nice place, but not something to rave about. The people are very responsive and the suites are large. I would think it would be a nice place to stay near Sunapee for a week. For a few days, the room seemed too large and empty. There is no restaurant even for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbury
0.2 km away
29.5 km away
Henniker Motel
Henniker Motel
#1 of 1 in Henniker

Been to Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee? Share your experiences!