“Very Nice Condo”

Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there during the Columbus Day week. We had a 1 bdrm end unit #301. The unit had a den with a sofa bed and a living room with a sofa bed. Since it was only my wife and I, the den was a wasted space for us. Nice gas fireplace which came in handy a couple of chilly evenings. Everything was in great shape, furniture, appliances, bed, etc. Daily light housekeeping (clean towels and bed made) was provided. Would be real handy to skiing in winter. Lap pool seems to be perpetually broken, based on other folks comments and the fact that it was out of service the week we were there. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff very friendly and helpful. Loved our time there and would definitely return if we were going to be vacationing in that area again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Just wanted to get away to a different area. What a jem this place was! The place is gorgeous (except the animals). Portia was very ambitious, Shannon and Justin were very intune with the area. Will definitely be back again.
Only downside was the pillows and bed need updating.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My husband and I planned a vacation for the Memorial Day week at this resort. We arrived, settled into a lovely spacious room and only hours after our arrival received a call that our 63 year old brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly. Of course we had to leave and forfeit our week's vacation! There was no time for discusssion about potentially rescheduling. The week after the services, I contacted the owner, Tom, to inquire about the possibility of returning to complete our vacation. I wasn't optimistic, but he worked with me to accommodate a time that worked perfectly for me, even though my options were limited. On my return trip I was able to take my mother who was visiting me from Florida after my daughter's wedding. It was perfect. Thank you Tom! The resort is relaxing, close to activities at Lake Sunapee and had wonderful service! Matt who works at the front desk was especially helpful and friendly (on both visits)! I will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank irisjm2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The one bedroom suite was very comfortable with all the amenities. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful upon arrival. The suite was serviced every day by housekeeping. We love the Sunapee area for kayaking and hiking. Summer at Mountain Edge is great for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roxanne G
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights recently when my son got married at Mt. Sunapee. Overall we enjoyed our time there. We loved our suite - 2 bedroom loft. It was very pretty and lots of room though not sure I'd call it two bedrooms since the loft bedroom is open to the living room below so not a lot of privacy. It was very late in the day that room service came to clean rooms and we were back by then and getting ready to go out so we just had them leave us some new towels. The next day we were off to the wedding in the afternoon when they came and they had not given us new sheets which we didn't mind for us but my sister was coming to stay in a bed that my daughter had slept in the night before so that was awkward. But overall we loved our stay there! The beds were comfortable and everything was clean and net. The biggest concern that bothers us was my husband forgot to pack up his little speaker that goes to his phone there and so it got left behind but when we called they said it hadn't been turned in. We know it was left there on the little desk off the dining area so it seems that housekeeping must have kept it. I was $130 speaker and he loved it so that was a bummer plus doesn't leave you with a warm feeling about the place.

Room Tip: Lock up valuables and don't leave them behind.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbury
0.2 km away
35.7 km away
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Mount Ascutney Resort
39.1 km away
Crotched Mountain Resort & Spa

Been to Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee

Address: 1380 Route 103, Newbury, NH 03255
Region: United States > New Hampshire > Newbury
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newbury
Price Range: RM 1,002 - RM 1,428 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa At Sunapee Hotel Newbury