“Great Irish Menu”

May Kelly's Cottage Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Baby back ribs and Haddock Florentine (a special) were both terrific. Generous portions, hot and nicely spiced. The back patio is a great venue for sunset dinner--fine view of Whitehorse crag and river, no cars, no noise. Friendly staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I wasn't expecting a whole lot walking into this oddly colored building but was instantly blown away. It all started with the maitre d and the delightful Irish accent and then got better as we were seated on the back patio for a delightful sunset.

The service was great and the food was even better with VERY generous portions. We had the Fish and Chips and the Meatloaf and both were excellent. We would have loved to have tried the desserts but there just wasn't room.

There were a good number of options on the menu and we can't wait to go back and try some of the other dishes. May's is now on our must do repeat list for our next trip to North Conway area.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Nice Irish pub style restaurant with interesting decor of signs and memorabilia covering the walls. The service was cheerful and the food was great. Nice Irish music.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Dropped in on a Thursday evening. Busy tho seated quickly. A real buzz among patrons. Loved it .
. I'm so impressionable I ordered what I saw my neighbor having at
next table! Meatloaf. Rich, dark gravy and plentiful food . My wife loved her baked haddock w wine sauce. Bread pudding is a keeper. .

Reviewed 22 September 2017

May Kelly's is located just off the main route in the area. It's got the look of a busy Irish antique store. The dining area has 'things' all over the place, while decorations in the other rooms are nicely arranged. Overall, it creates a nice atmosphere, certainly relaxed and not formal. The staff is very nice and welcoming. The choice of beers is limited to classics, and the food is also classic Irish-style fare. It won't look fancy, it's not the most balanced diet either, but it'll fill you up. If you order a meat-based dish, there may be more than you need, particularly for a meatloaf (think: one spoon of mashed potatoes and a massive chunk of meatloaf), or a (rich, thick) beef stew. All in all, I'd go there for the ambiance or to relax, and maybe once in a while if I crave Irish food or want to get my weakly intake of meat in one shot.