“Surprisingly good”
Review of Kogetsu Restaurant

Kogetsu Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 37 Restaurants in Peterborough
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We went to Kogetsu expecting it to be average and we were pleasantly surprised. The sushi and sashimi was fresh and well-made, the Chinese food (chicken with broccoli) was delicious, and the service was friendly. And we sat at a table overlooking a beautiful waterfall in the back of the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Met with some friends and shared many delicious dishes. My favorite choice was the tofu spicy dish. Some fiends never heard of tofu and tried a few bites & loved it. Will get a to go carton next time.
Waitress, atmosphere & food AA!! Easily located on rt 202 South in beautiful Peterborough

Reviewed 10 October 2017

This is a combination Chinese and Japanese restaurant. Nothing is all that good. Sushi was very disappointing. Egg rolls were boring. Lo Mein was gooey. Maybe it is as good as is available - but not to be recommended.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This is our go to place for Chinese food, the grandchildren love the sushi. They have an outdoor deck, not very fancy but we have so few places close by where we can eat outside. Lunch and dinner specials are offered as well as a full menu. They also have a full bar.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Set back from the road in Peterborough, NH, this restaurant is well worth the minor searching you'll do to find it. Kogetsu is immaculately clean, big deal to me as you can order sushi there, something I just was not a fan of until we went to China. Now, after seeing it cooked and made the traditional way, with pride and precision, I am sold forever on it.

Kogetsu is big, and every time we've gone there it has been doing a steady business, both in seated dining as well as take-out. I can just imagine lanterns floating through the space, while celebrations of life go on below.

If you can picture yourself eating delicious fresh, fresh clean food, give this a try. It is not expensive, we found it very, very reasonably priced.

The servers are knowledgeable and happy to help you with ordering.

Kogetsu made me forget all about the concept of "getting take-out Chinese food," which was more like, in my own experience, getting a few stereotypical pu-pu platters and some Mai-Tai's.

This restaurant has such a happy, bustling feel to it. Chinese food to me and my friends was mostly glorified theatrical food, not much substance, taste buds aggravated. Things were sweet, or they were salty, or they looked less than freshly made. I believed I just kind of tolerated it in a "eh" kind of way.

Now, you can order this beautiful cuisine, so you get the authentic taste. If it says hot, believe it. Hot it will be.

I am thrilled to have had my eyes op.ened to this

Try this out with own palate, and you'll gladly pay anything to eat this fresh, yummy sophisticated food.

Side note: One of the very best things about this place is it's Undisputed Ruler, the Princess Irene (sp?) a small fireball of a child who is an absolute delight to talk to. She has so much personality, and she has inherited her family's delight in making others happy.

She is a talented artist already, imagine having talent before you even graduate grade school?

She is such a very intelligent girl, and her interest in others will serve us all well some day. As they keep saying on "Game of Thrones, "Bend the knee," and when she officially runs the world, I surely will bend it to her. She is absolutely a joy. It is extra fun when she is there.

Although I do believe we will all be working for Her Highness in the future. A total joy.

2  Thank Patty R