“Two Enjoyable Visits”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We have visited this restaurant two times and both were great. The first time was in the winter and we were there with one other couple at a table in the bar area. The oysters were outstanding and so fresh despite it being during wintery weather which I would think could cause delays in deliveries. The second time we were there with another couple and a very active 3 yr old. We sat on the outside porch and again the food was outstanding. I remember my scallops being fresh, succulent and flavorful. The server was very pleasant to our somewhat unruly grandson. We had a delightful dinner on a hot summer Saturday evening.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The Pearl has been around 5+ years now at least. I'm local and a while back I stopped going there for two reasons. First is the main dining room is really noisy. Second, it used to be somebody (like the owner or manager) lost no time trying to sell me the equivalent of an oaky, smokey chardonnay for something like $14-15 a glass.

While the food is very good and the bill of fare unusual for our neck of the woods here in New Hampshire, I found upscale selling of ridiculously expensive wine as an automatic off putting. So The Pearl fell to the bottom of me and my wife's list of places to go.

That changed the other night. We were forced to go out on a Monday night after a thunderstorm knocked out our power at home and The Pearl was the only place open. I am happy to report the food was as varied and good as I remembered and the most expensive glass of wine on the menu was $11 dropping down quite a bit from there. There was no salesmanship at all. The room even seemed more subdued.

All this is a good thing. I will be going back now and am looking forward to it. Like the prodigal son, The Pearl is welcomed home by us.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I went to celebrate a special evening. Since the tables are so very close together, it's hard to have a quiet, private conversation. The server was far from pleasant and gave us the check before we ordered our entree. Yes....food is decent but portions are small for the price. When in the area go to Coopers or Waterhouse.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Chicken dumplings, panko chicken, panko haddock, tuna, roll your owns, any special they have..... this place is so great! Russell is fantastic! The drinks are always on point. Their deserts are lacking a bit, but everything else makes up for it.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The food here NEVER disappoints. It is expensive, but so worth it!! There is no restuarant that I've ever gone to that is better than this place. This is as good as it gets!!!!!! Oysters are always delicious- Crispy Duck Confit are to die for, and Ahi tuna main course is always changing and is always perfect!!! Russ the bartender is GENIUS Mixologist!!!!!